PDA

View Full Version : 44 coldcall, call, coldcall, call UGH

DeathDonkey
01-14-2005, 04:33 AM
Chasing bad beat jackpots. Which street do we like least? :P

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Thanks in advance,
DeathDonkey

milesdyson
01-14-2005, 06:07 AM
I don't mind preflop too much...

Flop you have to call.

Turn you have to call with double gutter.

River you have to call with a set.

Of all streets, I least like preflop, but I would make the call too.

bennyk
01-14-2005, 06:16 AM
Wierd...

nice hand.

bk

Womble
01-14-2005, 07:12 AM
If your chasing the BBJ why play 44 after a raise? You need a set to be confident on most flops to continue. I think preflop is nasty.

If you play 44, you cant qualify for the BBJ. 4444x doesnt count and a SF with a 4 doesnt use oth hole cards

Corkscrew
01-14-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If your chasing the BBJ why play 44 after a raise? You need a set to be confident on most flops to continue. I think preflop is nasty.

If you play 44, you cant qualify for the BBJ. 4444x doesnt count and a SF with a 4 doesnt use oth hole cards

[/ QUOTE ]

Cold calling late with a PP at a somewhat loose table is fairly standard, and with 3 limpers prior to the preflop raise, it stands to reason you'll have 5-6 seeing the flop, which was the case.

On the flop, he's actually laid the odds to draw to his set, plus he's got a weak gutshot. Definitely a call.

Incorrectly chasing the BBJ is another story, however. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SlantNGo
01-14-2005, 10:32 AM
Well played on all streets. Good hand, stop grunting /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DMBFan23
01-14-2005, 10:54 AM
I assume on the river you were going for the overcall? I would have raised the river myself.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-14-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume on the river you were going for the overcall? I would have raised the river myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Ace makes a straight. (or 6 for that matter)

btspider
01-14-2005, 04:57 PM
in the moment, i might raise the flop hoping i'm isolating overcards or can get a tricky overpair to try to check-raise me on the turn (i'd probably check the turn against a large field or bet the turn HU).

too aggro?

the hand is fine tho.

Shillx
01-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Eh, and get shown pocket aces. Hand looks fine DD.

Brad

DeathDonkey
01-14-2005, 05:59 PM
I should have mentioned the main opponent here was solid TAG, and there is no way the flop wouldn't have been 3 bet had I tried to raise for a free card. I thought of it too at the time. I think the preflop is fine. I really don't like the river. As soon as I called I thought I should have raised. It was a case where I had a river plan assuming I hit the straight, and didn't even consider my set outs really. Then I saw it and was like "that's an interesting card" and called because he "might have AA". The chance for an overcall made it less of a big deal I think but I still like raising. He showed JJ and I win.

Damn I put in 20 table hours at those 2/4 BBJs last night and didn't win. Finally I was passing out and it was approaching 650k and I was giving back my profit with bad play so I gave up. High jackpots are a godsend. I tried to get my 2 friends who both beat 0.50/1 to take a shot at a 2/4 BBJ table as the play was on par with the average 0.50/1 table.

Thanks everyone,
DeathDonkey