PDA

View Full Version : AJo in Early Position

Chris Callahan
01-14-2005, 04:06 AM
This hand was played in an online 15/30 game.

A rather unknown player with a very large stack limped UTG. I think he is fairly solid but I don't know for sure. I called with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif two seats to the left of him. One player limped in late position, and the blinds played.

Flop came A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and it was checked to UTG who bet. I raised. It was folded to UTG who 3-bet. I called. The turn was the 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG bet again and I called. The river was the 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and we both checked.

Comments?

--- Chris Callahan

Diplomatdcm
01-14-2005, 04:27 AM
looks good i would be the river.
Dave

SpaceAce
01-14-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
looks good i would be the river.
Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not at all convinced hero has a value bet here. Unless we put the villain on exactly A9s, what do you think he would play this strongly that is both A) worse than hero's hand and B) will pay off on the river? You'll never in a million years fold out AT or AQ and A8s rivered two pair. I can't see the villain playing KK or QQ like this.

If the villain was coming on strong with a pair and a flush draw (TdJd) or a gutshot and a flush draw (QdJd), he got there. I don't know if this villain would actually go for a river check-raise with his flush but it's a though. Pretty much any reasonable Ace that might limp under the gun got there or is splitting with the hero.

I'm curious what range of hands everyone puts the villain on.

SpaceAce