PDA

View Full Version : SSHE in action ?

Robk
01-14-2005, 03:45 AM
Did I apply correctly? Please comment on all streets if you will.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.66 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.33 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (7.33 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 10.33 BB

J.R.
01-14-2005, 04:52 AM
i really wanna say bet the turn.

BBs flop coldcall says draw, and you can fold if he check-raises (and there's no free card that can help you if he flushed the turn so a its no a huge disaster to fold when you could have checked with otus), but then again, unless he is pretty loose and could have called 2 on the flop with a straight draw or overcards you are beat, but maybe pfr has A big and will give you a free look at a 5 outer (because he may be less likely to bet the turn given your flop bet and BB's flop call- although I'd bet AK as pfr here a fair bit) or bet and you can fold relatively guilt free.

Anyway, I think the flop is pretty standrad unless BB and/or MP2 are notoriously loose flop callers, although the presence of a backdoor flush draw would make the bet much better.

Post more.

evain
01-14-2005, 05:34 AM
Firstly, I fold pre flop. I like two limpers before me before I call here.

I check the flop and fold if there is one bet and at least one overcaller. If there is only one bet back to me I call to see the turn. If the turn card looks like it may be a blank to overcards, I bet out on the turn and see where I am.

Having said that, you find yourself seeing the turn with two others. The check there is fine. And the call on the river is good, too. It induces a call which may not have called a raise. And the BB may be betting with unimproved AK and will not call your raise anyway.

evain

Alexthegreat
01-14-2005, 05:39 AM
Bet the turn...No reason to think the button has a flush, and if the BB is being tricky you can easily fold to a checkraise....

Raise the river....No need to go for the overcall....If you call, you can't expect the button to call with anything less than a pair, in which case you probably get him to call two cold anyhow....

sthief09
01-14-2005, 05:46 AM
I would be surprised if the button doesn't have AK or AQ in this hand, which he wouldn't call 2 with. it's also looking very likely like he's beat.the BB called 2 cold. that probably means draw or monster. if he has a draw, he hit.