PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 6-max Datamining Question

BoxTree
01-14-2005, 03:08 AM
I'm using PT to datamine 5/10 6-max Party games.

Should I restrict my data to hands that have at least five players in them?

Or can I go down to four?

Or should I only include hands that have six players?

I guess this really depends on how few opponents I'm willing to play against. I figure most 6-max players only play the table if there are 5 or 6 players sitting in. Is this correct?

DrGutshot
01-14-2005, 04:48 AM
i use 4-6 players, min. of 50 hands for note export.

I play down to 3 handed, but if you're not comfortable playing less than 5, then by all means switch tables.

4 handed is my favorite.

-DrG

Jeff W
01-14-2005, 04:50 AM
I play if there are 2 other players sitting in unless they are tough.

I am happy to play heads-up against weak opponents.

imitation
01-14-2005, 05:04 AM
I would only play HU against weak players who fold too much, the rakes a killer against LAGs I feel.

BugsBunny
01-14-2005, 09:20 AM
For note export etc I use 5-6 players. Play changes too much with 4 players (IMO) and including 4 player numbers can skew the stats to the LAGish side for some players that don't belong there under normal circumstances.

When the game gets to 4 handed or less I'm usually paying more attention to it anyways and get better reads on players quicker due to being involved in more hands with them. I also use the 5/6 handed numbers as a baseline and see how (and if) they adapt.

I'll play down to 3 handed. HU becomes too much of a crapshoot in a lot of cases but I'll do that on occasion as well. I have to figure out some adaptations for the way Party does it though. I suspect I should be defending the BB more and attacking from the SB less (due to the positional advantage the BB has) as my default play.