PDA

View Full Version : AJs in the BB

jskills
01-14-2005, 02:09 AM
Too agressive on flop? I planned to fold to a reraise on the turn ...

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls $0.50 (All-In), UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, SB folds.

River: (11.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Shillx
01-14-2005, 02:13 AM
This is an awesome flop for you. EP limpers probably have dominated hands like JT and QJ. Looks good until the river. Why didn't you bet?

Brad

ucfryan
01-14-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is an awesome flop for you. EP limpers probably have dominated hands like JT and QJ. Looks good until the river. Why didn't you bet?

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that.

jskills
01-14-2005, 02:42 AM
I thought so too.

I got the willies for some reason with the paired 2's and the K out there. I should have bet the river.

Or maybe it was because he showed down AA. Wow - got to love Party Poker .5/1 right /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PoBoy321
01-14-2005, 02:45 AM
The only problem I see with this hand is raising pre-flop. AJ is a hand that is too easily dominated and difficult to play out of position. I would limp, but then again, maybe i'm weak/tight. Other than that, I agree with what everyone else said. You definitely should've bet the river. The fact that villain had AA is pretty surprising and is quite possibly the worst played AA I've ever seen.

Joe B.
01-14-2005, 02:48 AM
what if he had JK? he will have two pairs going in the river. does hero still bet on river?

Shillx
01-14-2005, 02:48 AM
Ehh not raising AJs in the spot is giving up a lot of equity. And I know a thing or 2 about giving up equity... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brad

jskills
01-14-2005, 02:51 AM
I'm pretty sure it's standard to bet AJs preflop from middle and late position into an unraised pot, but also including the blinds.

I share your concerns about AJ - more so for AJo than AJs. It's a pain in the ass to play.

And you're right, the worst AA play I've ever seen. Didn't ruin my night /images/graemlins/grin.gif