PDA

View Full Version : Final Table Empire 5K guaranteed

theredwave
01-14-2005, 01:54 AM
I'm not a big MTT player so I might need some help from you guys. Had a bad day at the limit tables so I decided to play a tourney for once. Well now I'm at the final table with 8 people left basically tied for 2nd, first place has double what I do though. Any sweat is appreciated.
Username is avipertaco

sloth469
01-14-2005, 01:58 AM
I don't have empire or I'd sweat you. Remember it was patience that got you there. I reccomend cautious aggression. Let us know how it goes and good luck!

-sloth

theredwave
01-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Thanks.
Woohoo, I just doubled up against the chip leader. QQ UTG minraised and flopped another queen. He had 1010 and raised me after I bet a third of the pot and I moved allin for, which was about the size of the pot.

eastbay
01-14-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks.
Woohoo, I just doubled up against the chip leader. QQ UTG minraised and flopped another queen. He had 1010 and raised me after I bet a third of the pot and I moved allin for, which was about the size of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open it up a little avi, they won't want to play with you...

eastbay

theredwave
01-14-2005, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the sweat and the tip, I'll try.

eastbay
01-14-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bully him now, he's on the ropes, and playing too tight for the blinds...

eastbay

eastbay
01-14-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bully him now, he's on the ropes, and playing too tight for the blinds...

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't like that J9 call, don't give anything away, he's playing tight...

Also, autobet every flop. Obviously!

eastbay

theredwave
01-14-2005, 03:04 AM
that hurt. AJ vs A8o and he catches the flush.

eastbay
01-14-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that hurt. AJ vs A8o and he catches the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was outclassed, I had full confidence. Very nice tournament win!

eastbay

theredwave
01-14-2005, 03:20 AM
Thank you very much for the tips eastbay, couldn't of down it without you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif That was the most fun I have had playing poker since the summer when I won my first MTT. I made some bad moves, the J9 hand I made a loose allin call and just wanted to end it. To be honest though the last two players at that table must have been extremely lucky to make it that far, not that I didn't have some luck. I basically knocked off the chip leader three handed when he went allin with a gutshot draw after the flop and went on from there.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling but I've got to get goin on some Calculus homework. I didn't really expect to be playing for 6 hrs. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks again eastbay.

sloth469
01-14-2005, 03:40 AM
Congrats! What was it worth?

theredwave
01-14-2005, 03:51 AM
$1400. Definitely makes up for my bad day at the limit tables, and some of it I'm planning to use on a Dell 2001FP.