PDA

View Full Version : limping towards the flop, over and over.

JustToast
01-14-2005, 01:39 AM
B&M 2/4, 5 players to a flop avg.

Table has shown NO agression whatsoever pre-flop in 3 rotations, so I feel as if i'm OK to limp UTG with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

This is called by everyone at the table until MP+2 who raises, called around to me so I call figuring theres enough money in the pot to see the flop since nobody actually folded. Raised two left of me, called by original raiser, and everyone but one or two is still playing so i called that too, capped one left of me (UTG+1) and called around.

Question is, should I have dropped this and where? Flop missed me totally of course /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DavidC
01-14-2005, 02:30 AM
Firstly, at no point did you have bad enough odds to fold.

Secondly, the pf capper could have just been doing that for fun, likewise with the re-raiser, though less likely (less likewise? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

Here's a question for the rest of the guys, though:

Say the flop was 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, would you continue and how, if the BB bet the flop?

I see this as a situation where you could get pretty hurt if you tried to continue, and therefore lean towards a fold.

--Dave.

Boopotts
01-14-2005, 03:03 AM
I would take that hand in a 10-handed capped pot all day long.