PDA

View Full Version : i lost my WLLH, what should i do

csuf_gambler
01-14-2005, 01:29 AM
i loaned WLLH to a friend. i got it back a few months ago and left it in my car. now i want to refer back to it and can't find it! where the hell could it be? what should i do, buy another one?

Chairman Wood
01-14-2005, 01:38 AM
That depends... is it really worth $25 or whatever it costs to you anymore? How much have you played? You have quite a few posts so I assume you've heard eveyone talk about Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller et.al. If you don't have that yet your money would be far better spent there providing you've played for a little while. I don't really even review WLLHE anymore. I just think that my time is better spent reviewing SSHE or TOP or reading something new.

deacsoft
01-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Buy another one and it's not even close.

koffing
01-14-2005, 06:33 AM
It's still in your car.

Do you see why?

Keep looking!

Lucien Jacky
01-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Go with SSH instead its a bit less conservative than WLLH and goes further into detail. WLLH is a great first book.

Submarine123
01-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Get ITH while you continue to look otherwise you will wind up with 2 copies of WLLH once you figure out where you really left it.

yeltzen
01-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Buy another copy if you have to. Just don't spend your money on SSH or you'll regret it!

steamboatin
01-14-2005, 11:27 AM
Sounds like I am not the only to get jarred out of my comfort zone by SSH. I didn't like it at all when I first got it. I have a different opinion now.

Rudbaeck
01-14-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buy another copy if you have to. Just don't spend your money on SSH or you'll regret it!

[/ QUOTE ]

We already know you dislike winning big. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

To OP: Buy a new one, if you still need a newbie book. (Might give serious thought to getting ITH instead, as it's far better imho. Internet Texas Hold'em by Matthew Hilger. And no, it's not only about online play.)