PDA

View Full Version : A9s, 2. pair hand.

Trix
01-14-2005, 01:11 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Butten is very loose and somewhat aggro, nothing crazy though and has shown ability to think ealier as he checked a counterfit 2 pair down.

BB is very loose and very passive, he probably isnt raising the flop unless he has a K with a good kicker and might even need more than that.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

STLantny
01-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Trix, i think you were a little too over-aggro with it.

BK_
01-14-2005, 01:28 AM
it seems that the bb's flat call would decrease the attractiveness of you raising here, as he would make this move with all king hands. plus if the button is a smart player, he notices this yet still raises. i raise alot more often here if i think that the bb's flat call signals that he isnt on top pair

Trix
01-14-2005, 01:35 AM
It could be toppair, it could also be alot of other stuff.

Trix
01-14-2005, 01:36 AM
So what line do you prefer ?

BK_
01-14-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It could be toppair, it could also be alot of other stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, but for me to value raise the flop here id like to be able to discount the chances he has a king. seems like a maginal one at best. i would personally call the flop

Trix
01-14-2005, 01:48 AM
and on the turn IF button bets again ?

Alobar
01-14-2005, 04:18 PM
I only 3 bet here if I think the BB will fold for 2 more. Otherwise in this spot, I think I do the stop and go. There are alot of draws he could be raising for so I dont want to risk the free card, and I like my hand enough to think I could be ahead of some of the made hands hed make this play with. If he raises me again on the turn, I call, and then check the river, and fold if he bets.

The way you played it th, I think I check/call the river. I dont think you are ahead, but they might let you off by checking behind their king. If they call this river bet its with either a K or a 9, and with two of them in the hand, I dont like your chances.