PDA

View Full Version : Some hands for analysis.

Telemann
01-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Hi all. I'm fairly new to these forums, and this is the first time I'm posting hands. Thanks in advace for any advice given.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $0.5. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB

SoCalPat
01-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Hand 1: I like the turn semibluff raise and the rest of the hand is solid, although me thinks you might be behind to two pair (the CO waking up on the turn is a bit disconcerting).

Hand 2: Bet the flop. No one's going to put you on an 8 here by betting out. In this instance, if I bet out and get a lot of callers, I'll go for the C/R on the turn, especially if an overcard hits someone who's been chasing.

But once you slowplayed the flop, you have to bet the turn. This hand was played too passively. You could've got the chasers to call two cold on the flop or turn, so waiting to the river to raise when they've likely missed earns you nothing. You missed a ton of bets here.

Telemann
01-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Just pointing out that I think you misread the post, I didn't wait till the river to raise, I raised the turn and they all folded. Never saw the river. (hand 2)

BruceF
01-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the forum! Let us know if you have a read on any of the players, which will help us out.

Here's my two cents:

Hand 1: I like your play, especially your flop raise. The CO betting the turn raised my eyebrows, but not knowing how he plays, he could have 2 pair, slowplaying a set, is on a flush draw, etc. I would have raised the turn too and called the river.

Hand 2: Bet the flop with 6 players. No reason to slowplay here, IMHO. You might get raised behind you! Turn bet was fine.

tiltaholic
01-14-2005, 03:01 PM
welcome!

Hand 1 - I like it. CO waking up looks like 2 pair, but I like the raise. Gambool!

Hand 2 - why did you choose this line? just bet the flop. people will call. typical fancy play syndrome includes the - i flopped trips, i know, i'll check raise the turn! thought process. more often than not, hands that you have dominated will just fold. you want these people calling calling calling all the way. people won't put you on trips if you bet the flop.