PDA

View Full Version : AQs as large stack. Other large stack goes all in. Easy laydown?

bigredlemon
01-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1580)
Hero (t3115)
UTG (t790)
Button (t2515)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t200, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t2515 (All-In)</font>, SB folds, Hero folds, UTG calls t590 (All-In).
UTG is a loose player, so there's no chance he'd fold here. Button has been playing fairly tight and usuallt raises to 2.5xBB. He has not gone all-in before. His large overbet looks like he wants to get heads up with the small stack.

I could just fold this and slide into the money. I could take a gamble and push all in here too. If I win, i'll take a easy first place. If not, i'll probably get third. Presuming our late game skills are identical, what's the smart play here?

presuming the button had just called or min-raised, should I push all in here?

Results:
<font color="white">I fold. Button knocks UTG. I eventually knock out button for first.
</font>

jeffraider
01-14-2005, 03:05 AM
Easy fold, but why do you figure yourself for third if you fold? You've got enough chips to make at least second very likely, and the blinds are small enough still that you've got some breathing room.

Myst
01-14-2005, 03:22 AM
Never mind, Im a jackass. I didnt read he was tight. Yeah easy fold. He could forseeably push 88, 99, TT, JJ here, and you dont wanna push yourself in a coinflip situation.

bigredlemon
01-14-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold, but why do you figure yourself for third if you fold?

[/ QUOTE ]Third if I call and lose.