PDA

View Full Version : Felt a little lost on this hand... KQo

brassnuts
01-14-2005, 12:33 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $4.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (10.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB

dantheman_05
01-14-2005, 12:56 AM
the raise was good preflop. his 3 bet usually means 10-AA or AK. the flop was marginal for you, but could be worse. your flop call was bad. either raise of fold. you need information on your opponent, so your gonna have to pay to get it. if you raise and he 3 bets this flop i would call to see teh turn hoping for a straight, if it miss i would fold to a bet. if he just calls your flop riase you may be ahead, but if he is a passive player with AK h emay just call you down instead of pushing back at you. he bets out again on the turn. now this is a sign. both of you called after the flop and he still bets out. so this shows he has some confidence. i guess you raised the turn because anoteh rheart fell and you were trying to scare him. but if he has teh ace o fhearts he's not going anywhere, so i would not try this move in the future. the bb had an ace and was getting the "correct" odds to call a flop bet and hope for inside straight. one moe thought, if you raise on the flop and he just calls, you need to bet the turn. he may fold the best hand and put you on AQ, but this is a long shot i guess. so the check on the river was ok since you had no idea what he had other than something strong enough to call a turn rasie, but not reraise (which could be any hand afraid of a flush). so next time either raise the flop for info or fold. i would raise against the avg player. also teh pot was big so you need to play agressive and try win these big pots. protect your weaker hands by betting and rasing to eliminate opponents (like the BB here) this will freee up "outs" when ppl fold. so you can win with a hand that would have lost if others were allowed to play for cheap or free. dont be afraid to be more agressive.