PDA

View Full Version : Calling All-Ins

travisand
01-13-2005, 11:47 PM
I don't have a specific hand but I have a general question. I have been running into this situation a lot.

We are on level 5 with the blinds at 100-200 and I have a stack of around 600-800. There are either 5 or 6 people left. Obviously I am getting desperate and will need to be pushing with most anything. But lately I have had a problem of people with the same general low stacks pushing in front of me leaving me with only UTG and maybe UTG+1 as places to push.

So my question is, with such a low stack, should I be calling these pushes with hands like say K-J or Q-T. If not, where is the line? Is it still better to just wait until I am first in? In the past I have usually always waited until I was first in, that is I wouldn't call a rasie unless I had a hand of A-J or higher when I was down to under 5BB, but now I am starting to wonder because I keep getting desperately low with almost no chance to steal the blinds.

I know a lot of the answer depends on the tables stack sizes but in general when should a person think about calling all-ins that are likely to be steals also. I know to push with 5-6BB whenever you get a decent chance, but when to call?

I appreciate any help.