PDA

View Full Version : Notes, Questions, and Recognition for the 2+2 SNG players

DrPhysic
01-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Several notes and questions for the 2+2 SNG gang. Your responses solicited.

The Atlantic and Pacific games turned out well last night. We had good participation. We would like to be able to recognize the 2+2ers that are playing with us. Recognize meaning both knowing who you are, and giving you credit for participating and placing. The ones that we have on our 2+2 players list with 2+2 name and PokerStars name (which are often not the same) are: (Poker Stars names)

augie99 (Peoria),
codewarrior (Mentor)
dr. jekyl (Kennebunk)
DrPhysic (San Antonio),
familyteeth (weatherford),
ghostwriterx (New york),
joboo002 (Midlothian),
Junaid0 (carol stream),
Lumpy_jr (Easthampton),
Patricio (Roswell),
rich2p (Brick),
rybones (Bartlett)
Toro85 (Worcester)

Here is the list of the players we do not recognize. However, we strongly suspect that several 2+2ers are on this list.
Blacknite (Simpsonvile),
chil03 (Tampa),
daBEARS3 (Boise)
dancraw (Tecumseh),
docknet (Camarillo),
ExtremeCARDS (New York City),
ImInRaise (houston),
jengh (West Palm Beach)
kitty baby (Austin),
kmn75 (Mooresville)
PHoliday (Waltham)
SScar (Sterling Heights),
stoxXxs (Robbinsville),
TooNuts (no-Chat-'til-Feb),
TradeRounds (Fairfax),
Wessy (St. Paul),
yule (gainesville),
zzking1 (cabot),

If your name is here, we would appreciate a reply to this post or an e-mail so we can count heads properly for the games, and so we can give you credit in the results posts when you place or win.
------------------------------------------------

Morgan180 (pmorganb on Poker Stars), who has been helping me with the games, will post separately a list of all the players and unknowns from the last three months. You might check that list if you did not play last night.

If you want to be added to our E-Mail list for schedules and other notes, please e-mail me at DrPhysic@satx.rr.com with 2+2 name and Poker Stars name.

We have had a request to change the “Pacific” game from 9:30PM EST to 10:00PM. Seems that an hour and a half to get home from work to play is not enough in Ca. What with wall to wall cars, mud, snow, LA freeways, and other impediments I think I can understand that. (I can also remember why I don’t live in Southern California!) In addition, the early game has been running past 8:30 pretty regularly, so this is probably a good idea.

So the proposal is on the table to change the Pacific game to 10PM EST, 7PM PST. Your replies to this post are solicited.

-----------------------------------------------

Last week, I played the Euro game. Ipp147 could not be there, so TaxGoddess started the game. The only other player in the Euro game last week that we knew was UKgazz.

This week, nobody signed on to start the game, so at 4:01PM EST I signed on. 6 minutes later, 4 other people had registered. None of them were on our 2+2 SNG players list. I unregistered from the game. Apparently, nobody showed up to play.

I hate to declare the Euro game dead. It does not take much on my part to post the schedule, but it does mean quitting work early on Tuesday afternoons to start or play the game. If the community of people who have played the Euro game over the past months wish to comment, I would love to see some interest and participation. I will post the game one more week. Lacking any response to indicate the game is viable, I will assume it is dead starting the following week.

Post a reply here, or send me a PM or E-Mail if you are interested in continuing the Tuesday game.

----------------------------------------------

Your feedback for the SNG games is wanted. If you have suggestions, ideas, improvements, or answers to the three questions above, please post a reply.

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

Frenchie
01-13-2005, 08:15 PM
7:00 PST would work better for me as like yesterday I got home at 6:40.

Frenchie (CatchUpRiver)

morgan180
01-13-2005, 09:50 PM
I vote for 7 PM as well /images/graemlins/cool.gif

PrayingMantis
01-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Hey Doc,

As part of the original Euro game gang, it is really sad for me to read it is dying. I admit it's been quite a long time since I have last played it, but the fact is - it has become a "random dominant" some time ago. Few 2+2 kept playing at it, that's how I feel.

I have learnt A LOT at these games (during the first few months), playing with you, Stone, Tim, William, BK, Tyler, PokerJon, Kurn, heyrocker, Pitcher, and many great others, Europeans and Americans (hell, even CrisBrown! where did SHE gone?). It was always a very entertaining game too, as you know very well.

Maybe we should simply all do a reunion some day? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

codewarrior
01-14-2005, 08:35 AM
I'll let the cat out of the bag. Stay turned for Euro vs. NA Challenge #3 "The Reunion", coming soon....

I'm such a tease. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DrPhysic
01-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Awwww, you went and told.....

I just can't keep any secrets.

Now I just have to keep you from figuring out that your wife and I have been having an afternoon tryst every Tuesday.

Doc

codewarrior
01-14-2005, 10:41 AM
That explains her dissatifaction and crabbiness on Tuesday evenings. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrPhysic
01-14-2005, 10:45 AM
You are right PM. Those were good games. And I think they can be again. How about you playing with us again?

As you noted, this has been a good learning experience for a lot of people. Some of whom have moved up to the $100s and $200s and are doing well. We will have a reunion. But we'd like all the old friends and the new ones to make a regular Tuesday afternoon date. (OK, Tuesday evening for you guys on the continent.)

Doc

DrPhysic
01-14-2005, 10:48 AM
I think she may be into the S&M thing.

She'll beat you if you let her.

Of course, I don't which is why she's crabby.

D

DrPhysic
01-14-2005, 11:00 AM
If you have played in the SNG games (but not this week),

Please have a look at this post by morgan180:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1535648&page=2&view=e xpanded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif