PDA

View Full Version : So lost in the blinds (Party 15)

oscark
01-13-2005, 05:38 PM
I still struggle in steal defense and blind vs blind situations. I think the line I took sucked, but not sure what the right play is?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Levi King
01-13-2005, 06:09 PM
With no read, I would play this the same way.

billuhbong
01-13-2005, 06:20 PM
probably fold here, ur hand aint strong and a check raise from the small blind doesnt seem like such an unlikely play to be used with an ace. u probably shoulda laid that down.

elindauer
01-13-2005, 06:26 PM
That's a terrible turn. Fold. If you weren't behind on the flop, a lot of hands just drew out on you. You can now only beat a bluff. If you're committed to showing it down on the flop, I'd suggest playing it more aggressively and plan to take a free showdown.

I think it's important to remember that many of your full game opponents are not skilled in heads up play, and play much much too tight and passive. You should take advantage of this my throwing away medium strength hands when they do attack you. If you have a read that this is a very good player, things change of course, but you don't have that read. Most likely, he's a loose passive player and you're beaten.

Good luck.
Eric