PDA

View Full Version : KTo small blind

Joe B.
01-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP3 calls $0.50 (All-In), Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

TwoShedsJackson
01-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Bet the river, that's about as much of a brick as you could hope for.

Joe B.
01-13-2005, 10:46 PM
if i bet the river and BB reraise, should i call or fold?

toss
01-13-2005, 10:49 PM
I'd fold the turn raise depending on how straightforward a player BB was.

afk
01-13-2005, 10:52 PM
With one limper like this I usually raise preflop.

TwoShedsJackson
01-14-2005, 05:59 AM
Call, you'll only need to be good 1 in 10 times and you'll see a worse T or a 6 way more often.

bennyk
01-14-2005, 06:13 AM
I don't think you should be betting this river.

BB came alive on the turn, this sure SEEMS like he holds an 8. That doesn't matter too much, though.

When you're out of position on the river, and you think you have the best hand, you need to ask yourself EVERY TIME: "WHAT LOSING HANDS IS VILLAIN GOING TO CALL A BET WITH?" If you can't think of any, it's probably correct to check/call. This is because villain only has to call your bet when he's going to win! When he's going to lose he will fold! A hand that was strong enough to raise on the turn is never going to fold on the river for one bet. Therefore: if he's going to call when he will win, and fold when he'll lose, AND he's not going to fold a better hand than yours for a bet on the end, you can't bet!

In this situation, we are less than certain we have the best hand. If BB was raising the turn to put MP3 all-in and semi-bluff the scare card, then he may bluff the river when you check. He may bet a weak Ten for value. You gain in both of these situations.

River play is tricky. Read all of the 2+2 stuff on river play.

bk