PDA

View Full Version : Free iPod

ThaSaltCracka
01-13-2005, 04:55 PM
sike /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Okay, I just got one and I would have to say, these things rule. For some reason I can't figure out how to add or delete one song, any clues iPod vets?

I would also like to add work w/ iPod is major +EV.

Also, the best part about this is now I constanly have a life soundtrack, which is excellent.
My only concern is I may bust out uncontrollably in a c-walk at work, which would be bad.

daryn
01-13-2005, 05:05 PM
i wish there was a say to delete songs from the ipod itself. i don't think there is. i usually have to put it back on the docking station to mess with the songs.

ThaSaltCracka
01-13-2005, 05:06 PM
do you have to have the docking station to delete songs?

RogerZBT
01-13-2005, 05:10 PM
if you have it set to auto-synch or whatever it's called, deleting it from the library/playlist in iTunes and connecting it normally (with a dock or not) will do it.

plaster8
01-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Which iPod did you get, Mini, 20-gig or 40-gig? Just curious.

ThaSaltCracka
01-13-2005, 05:16 PM
I got the silver 4GB Mini. It was the cheapest, and it holds an absurd amount of songs.

plaster8
01-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Nice. But don't be surprised if you fill it eventually. I filled a 10-gig in about a year or so, and now have a 40-gig.

Enjoy. They're worth every cent, IMO.

ThaSaltCracka
01-13-2005, 05:22 PM
yeah, I imagine I could fill a 10gig or even the ginormous 40 gig, but I don;t forsee my self dl that much, haha. This one is almost full, but there are songs on here I don't want. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

razor
01-13-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and it holds an absurd amount of songs.

[/ QUOTE ]

if by absurd you mean not nearly enough then you are correct.

sfer
01-13-2005, 05:23 PM
I second this. I filled the 40 GB one and just ordered a 60 GB.

plaster8
01-13-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I second this. I filled the 40 GB one and just ordered a 60 GB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's a lot of songs. How big is your freakin' CD collection? Or is most of it downloads?

sfer
01-13-2005, 05:40 PM
All purchased CDs. There are several hundred CDs that didn't make the cut. And there's no way I'm alone in having this much music.

ThaSaltCracka
01-13-2005, 05:45 PM
I have about 300 CDs /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

plaster8
01-13-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And there's no way I'm alone in having this much music.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you're right about that. I've got around 500 CDs, plus stuff I've downloaded from iTunes. But I'm nowhere close to you, obviously.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-13-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All purchased CDs. There are several hundred CDs that didn't make the cut. And there's no way I'm alone in having this much music.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not. I've got a 40GB iAudio M3 that has about 10GB with just the first cds that I more frequently listen to. I've got a whole bookshelf and two 3-ring binders full of CDs that haven't made it there yet - 40GB won't hold 'em all.

plaster8
01-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Here's a question. I know some people who put their entire CD collection on their iPods -- not just the songs they like, but the whole collection. This seems pointless to me, taking up space for songs you don't necessarily like.

What do you guys do?

MarkL444
01-13-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i wish there was a say to delete songs from the ipod itself

[/ QUOTE ]

same here, i think its safe to say that youll be able to do this soon.

ThaSaltCracka
01-13-2005, 05:56 PM
if I knew how to delete songs from my iPod, there wouldn't be any songs I dislike on it.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-13-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a question. I know some people who put their entire CD collection on their iPods -- not just the songs they like, but the whole collection. This seems pointless to me, taking up space for songs you don't necessarily like.

What do you guys do?

[/ QUOTE ]
I listen to albums instead of just random songs.

razor
01-13-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I listen to albums instead of just random songs.

[/ QUOTE ]

same

Rick Diesel
01-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Save the c-walking for the next wedding reception. Bust it out there. The chicks that have had a couple drinks will be all over your sack.

ThaSaltCracka
01-13-2005, 06:48 PM
oh, are you a crip as well?

mmbt0ne
01-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Is there any way for people on here to share their iTunes with each other? I know if you're on a network together it automatically does it, but what about if you're not?

ThaSaltCracka
01-13-2005, 06:53 PM
yeah, its called AIM.

daryn
01-13-2005, 06:54 PM
by the way, what is itunes???

i have an ipod and i enjoy is successfully, and i have never heard of itunes.

anyone?

MarkL444
01-13-2005, 06:55 PM
iTunes is the program that loads the songs

daryn
01-13-2005, 07:01 PM
i think i use musicmatch jukebox or something with the docking station. am i actually using itunes? also, i hear people download songs from it. do you have to pay? and if so, why????

MarkL444
01-13-2005, 07:04 PM
yes you have to pay, its the program i use that came with my ipod. i dont have the docking station. you can sample music with it

plaster8
01-13-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think i use musicmatch jukebox or something with the docking station. am i actually using itunes? also, i hear people download songs from it. do you have to pay? and if so, why????

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if iPods work with anything other than iTunes, but I'm on a Mac, so I don't know what the deal is with PC iPods. iTunes, in addition to organizing your mp3 songs, has a music store that you can download songs from for 99 cents each (full albums are usually 9.99 or so). It's not a bad deal if you don't like buying CDs for just one or two songs you like.

daryn
01-13-2005, 07:07 PM
.99 per song seems expensive, especially when you can get them for free with ease.

oh well, i guess i will just ignore itunes.

plaster8
01-13-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
.99 per song seems expensive, especially when you can get them for free with ease.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be the one guy on the planet who doesn't mind paying for his music. But oh well.

MarkL444
01-13-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

oh well, i guess i will just ignore itunes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i use itunes and never pay for music. ive never used what you use, but i find itunes very easy. it automatically updates everything right when you plug your ipod in. might want to check it out. im sure you can dl it at apple.com

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-13-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be the one guy on the planet who doesn't mind paying for his music. But oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but if you're paying near CD-Album price for lossy MP3s, than you're being foolish. Buy it in its pure non-bastardized form.

MarkL444
01-13-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

paying for music is one thing. but payingfor MP3s is dumb as hell. go to the store and buy the cd, or download for free.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-13-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

paying for music is one thing. but payingfor MP3s is dumb as hell. go to the store and buy the cd, or download for free.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is your new most intelligent post of the day. I think I'm starting to like you (not that I disliked you before).

MarkL444
01-13-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is your new most intelligent post of the day. I think I'm starting to like you (not that I disliked you before).

[/ QUOTE ]

awww... thanks /images/graemlins/blush.gif

daryn
01-13-2005, 07:16 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this is my exact sentiment. i don't mind paying for CD's. i don't often do it, but i am not totally against it.

mmbt0ne
01-13-2005, 07:21 PM
The thing I like about iTunes is that since I'm on the campus network, I can browse other people's playlists. I can't get the songs from them, but I can listen to any song I want, and shuffle through their playlist instead of mine if I feel like it.

Right now I have playlists from 4 people I've never met before.
Bala, who seems to like girly music and the Legend of Zelda soundtrack
Chrissy, who has some prayers and Amy Grant
Jennifer, who I stopped looking at when I saw the 8th track was I Just Can't Wait to be King by Aaron Carter
and Reed Martin, who has an odd collection of country and death metal

plaster8
01-13-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If there's an album out by an artist I like, I buy the CD. If I only want a song or two, I buy the Apple tunes, which are AAC files. It works fine for me. I'm not an audiophile or anything, so the negligible (to me) difference in sound quality is not something I'm worried about.

But I'm just the village idiot, I guess. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TylerD
01-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I would give iTunes a try, it is specifically designed to work with iPods, you might finding adding/deleting songs easier, plus its good for creating playlists etc.

daryn
01-13-2005, 07:29 PM
I would give iTunes a try, it is specifically designed to work with iPods, you might finding adding/deleting songs easier, plus its good for creating playlists etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i will check it out. thanks.