PDA

View Full Version : Was this WEAK????

ricochet420
01-13-2005, 04:46 PM
NLHE Tourney 20 buy in.

Sorry I don't remember exact details, but it's been bothering the h3ll out of me. I have ignorant end of Q high straight (Flopped it when I limped on button). I fired at the pot and got short stack all in on the flop(very weak passive), I had the regular maniac call as well, all else fold. I have him covered by 2x. At the river maniac goes all in (a little more than half my stack) I had the oppurtunity to knock out 2 players and I folded. Just plain chickened out and folded didn't want to give him that much of a chip lead or something I think I just got scared. What do you think? He could have had anything, the nutzz, nothing at all.

Lumpy
01-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Tough to say without any idea of what the board was.

ricochet420
01-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Flop was QJT rainbow, I had 98s, bet x to put plr1 all in
Turn was rag, check, check.
River was rag, maniac all in
What do i do? I fold! Did I chicken?

[ QUOTE ]
Tough to say without any idea of what the board was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that.
R

Johnny5
01-13-2005, 05:20 PM
You didn't say what the action was pre-flop, but I'd have to say really weak!

The only hands you are worried about are AK/K9 here. These hands are unlikely, as you said yourself, this guy is a maniac! Plus, he waited until the river to push, so i'd put him on top pair, possibly 2 pair on the river.

J5

Fins
01-13-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The only hands you are worried about are AK/K9 here. These hands are unlikely, as you said yourself, this guy is a maniac! Plus, he waited until the river to push, so i'd put him on top pair, possibly 2 pair on the river.

J5

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto... esp on the 2-pair

I can't imagine you didn't have the pot odds to call the river read or no.

What'd they have?

- Fins

ricochet420
01-13-2005, 05:54 PM
yeah sorry I should have thought it through more. Everyone limped in PF 1 fold.[ QUOTE ]

J5

[/ QUOTE ]

ricochet420
01-13-2005, 05:56 PM
I did have the odds here. This was about our 6th or 7th tourney (sng) with the same 6 people and I have come in 1st each time. This time there was a bounty on my head and I thought he was slow playing maybe, *big maybe*, but mostly I was scared cuz "they were out to get me"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

J5

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto... esp on the 2-pair

I can't imagine you didn't have the pot odds to call the river read or no.

What'd they have?

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

ricochet420
01-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Maniac had sh1t, Krag for K high. Other guy had Qrag for TP. I was so disgusted I almost puked. Went on to finish 2nd, Oh how dreadful.

[ QUOTE ]

What'd they have?

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

warewulf
01-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Yup, weak. He's the maniac, they don't usually slow play anything. Looks like he went all in because too much checking.