PDA

View Full Version : weak tight with TT?

Alobar
01-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

lostinthought
01-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Out of position with a pot this small,
I think this play is ok.

Trix
01-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Very, can I sit at ur table ?

Alobar
01-13-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very, can I sit at ur table ?

[/ QUOTE ]

no! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

What would you have done? bet the turn, check/call the river?

paco
01-13-2005, 06:00 PM
I think the play is fine. I think he has to at least have jack here. The only thing you could reasonably beat is a club draw, but I think he would have raised with it to play his draw strongly and see if you could stand the heat, which you obviously could not have. Yeah, it could be a bluff, but on a board this scary you have to let him have it...

Jonny
01-13-2005, 06:14 PM
I'd say your line is fine. Personally though I'd probably bet it out again. He could have the lone A /images/graemlins/club.gif and semi bluffed you out. I would say if he calls the turn, then check/call any river that is not a A, Q, or club. Anyone else like this line?

Trix
01-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Bet the turn and called down probably. He doesn´t know what you have so he can raise whatever there in a blindway.

I dont mind the check againt the players who always bluffs, but folding there is just weak when you dont know that you are against the most weak-passive guy in the game.

BK_
01-14-2005, 12:58 AM
i bet the turn everytime here. a king or jack is less likely than normal becuase he it is a blind war, and he will call here with more flush draws than normal for the same reason.

i think the real question here is what do you do on the river after you bet the turn, get called, and ther river is a blank? i think you never bet the river here, because you arnt getting called by any worse hands (except 4x. mid pockets arnt likely due to pf action) and you arnt folding any better ones. also if you check the river, some busted flush draws will bet. check folding isnt right, so check calling is the best option imo.