PDA

View Full Version : KK overpair vs. flop limp-reraiser.

OrianasDaad
01-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (18.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls.

River: (24.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 26.25 BB

GrunchCan
01-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Any reads on MP1?

Joe B.
01-13-2005, 03:39 PM
i dont think he had AA, if he did he would of raise on preflop

i think reraise on river is the right play

GrunchCan
01-13-2005, 03:48 PM
No, but JT is a distinct possibility. I think the only real possibilities are JT, 98, Q9, Q8, all of which beat Hero. AQ probably would have raised before the flop.

I'm really wanting to fold here, but the pot is so large you're stuck on it.

cold_cash
01-13-2005, 03:56 PM
I think you played this okay.

I wouldn't raise the river even though there's a chance the running fives saved your bacon. (You could still be looking at JT or a flopped set though. If you raise you just open yourself up to being 3-bet, which you should fold to, but I think I'd rather just pay one bet and see a showdown, especially with the BB still behind me.)

In a smaller pot you might be able to fold to the turn bet.

Jasmien
01-13-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think reraise on river is the right play

[/ QUOTE ]

that seems to be too aggressive. He bet into us on the turn after a cap and bet again on the river, what hands do we beat here? not much (maybe AQ but thats unlikely withouta pf raise)
When he bets into us again on the turn i just call it down.
What do you think about the turn raise? i really dont like it...

cold_cash
01-13-2005, 05:02 PM
We now beat all combinations of hands that could have flopped two-pair.

Still, I agree with you about the river raise. I don't think a typical player would play two-pair this strongly, which is why I'm guessing JT, 88, or 99. (The turn bet by the villian after our hero capped the flop is pretty scary. I would think if a straight was out he would have 3-bet the turn, but either way I think hero was behind at that point.)

The turn raise is more debatable, IMO. With the SB still to act, I like a raise, but the pot is so huge he should probably call 2-bets anyway. I dunno.

jay1313
01-13-2005, 05:10 PM
The villain does not have JT, unless he can't read a board, he would not have called the turn raise, he would have raised. He either flopped two pair or a set (with the set being most likely because of the flop aggression and stop on the turn). When the 5's pair, he bets out because he know longer is afraid of the straight because he hit his boat.

OrianasDaad
01-14-2005, 01:21 PM
MP1 showed me a set of 8's.

Didn't have playerview up and running yet, or I would have noticed his rockness. (11/1/.5/85)

How does this change the way you play the hand, and why?