PDA

View Full Version : AKs playing behind two maniacs

bozlax
01-13-2005, 03:05 PM
See other post for read on SuperNutball (out of 65 hands, he's raised PF 64 times, and will cap every time if given the chance). BB has been playing in front of him for a while, and yet for some reason frequently bets into him with crap.

Question: Did I ride this too long, given the reads I had?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG <font color="#A500AF">(SuperNutball)</font> raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG <font color="#A500AF">(SuperNutball)</font> caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, SuperNutball folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

sweetjazz
01-13-2005, 03:55 PM
I like how you played this. Flop call is routine. Your overcard outs look good. I like the turn bet. River seems close between taking the free showdown (can you release the hand if BB check raises?) and betting for value. There aren't that many hands that BB can have that will beat you. Presumably he doesn't have a 4. He probably doesn't have a J, because he's playing very timid if he does. A 9 is a possibility (going for the river check raise). A pocket pair is also possible and any PP above 44 beats you. On the other hand, there were a *lot* of draws on the flop that didn't come through (KQ, KT, QT, Q8, T8, T7, 87, any two spades) -- all hands that BB might play the way this hand was played. Betting the flop then checking the turn is often a sign of a draw. If you think he will call with K high and maybe even Q high (and maybe even 22 or 33 if he's truly clueless), then you might have a good value bet. (Notice that a lot of the missed draws include a K or Q.) OTOH, you're chopping with another ace, and you're in a pickle if he check raises you. If you can safely release this hand to a check raise and BB calls a lot on the end, you might have a good (albeit a bit thin) value bet. A side factor to consider -- even though it's not really possible to do at the table -- is whether any of the final bet goes toward the rake. If it does, that could wipe out the benefits of your value bet. Especially because you will chop fairly often with another A.

bozlax
01-13-2005, 04:11 PM
All of this is pretty much exactly what I was thinking. I figured that he'd be playing harder if he'd made his hand before the river, and on the river figured that he'd either fold to a bet if he didn't make it or he was check-raising me because he did make it.

The agonies of playing after your opposition.