PDA

View Full Version : botched kk hand

Dubra
01-13-2005, 01:07 PM
i really dont like how i played this hand
6 handed $25 max on party
i am dealt KK
player to my right is a LAG. for some reason i do not put him on a diamond draw. he does not just play any two suited. i really put him on a queen. that did not turn out to be an accurate read.
no real read on UTG. basically i think i got greedy and should have isolated earlier. what do you think?
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($24.25)
UTG ($3)
MP ($21.85)
Hero ($37.35)
Button ($22.95)
SB ($92.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, Button folds, SB (poster) folds, BB folds, MP calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.25) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

Turn: ($11.25) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $0.85.

River: ($30.10) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: $30.10

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Kc 5c (high card, ace).
MP has 6s 8d (flush, ace high).
Hero has Ks Kh (one pair, kings).
Outcome: MP wins $30.10. </font>

jimdmcevoy
01-13-2005, 01:36 PM
My advice is this, if you put him on a queen, you just have to raise the flop. The reason being than any diamond, Ace, King, Jack, Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, or five on the turn will look scary to him since and hand you call with may have now caught up with his queen, and he will be more hesitent to put all his money in with a lonely top pair.

Sure I may be exagerating a little, but any diamond or ace will really kill your action. He will be much more comfortable putting his money in when he knows you cannot have a straight or a flush, so a raise on the flop is a must.

Also, if you happen to be wrong and he is on the draw, you must raise for a different reason.

In your case, if you expect him to call your turn raise with a queen, you can expect him to call your flop raise on a much safer looking board.