PDA

View Full Version : Two quick San Francisco questions

NotMitch
01-13-2005, 01:01 PM
I have a meeting in SF coming up and Im going to fly in on a Friday for the meeting and stay for the weekend. Any suggestions for a good hotel?

Secondly I am thinking about relocating out there. Any suggestions for a good part of the city to live in? I'd like to start to get an idea of just how expensive it is.

andyfox
01-13-2005, 01:03 PM
If price is no object, the Four Seasons is primo. Sports Club LA right in the building to work out, and a great location (walk to Union Square, Chinatown).

Bubbagump
01-13-2005, 01:47 PM
I went to SF once about 7 years ago on business. I would recomend a hotel near Chinatown as this area is centrally located to everything. I wish I could remember the name of the hotel I stayed at because one thing you want to be wary of is that many of the hotels in the city are in older buildings, meaninig that rooms in many hotels are very small.

It's not much but I hope it helps.

Bubbagump

Oski
01-13-2005, 01:51 PM
There is a Hyatt Regency on the Embarcadero that is nice and probably close to your meeting site.

Your second question is impossible to answer without more information: looking to buy, rent? Are you a multi-millionaire? Do you wish to live in the city, or in the bay area.

Many factors, many options. Many less options if you don't have a lot of money.

NotMitch
01-13-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a Hyatt Regency on the Embarcadero that is nice and probably close to your meeting site.

Your second question is impossible to answer without more information: looking to buy, rent? Are you a multi-millionaire? Do you wish to live in the city, or in the bay area.

Many factors, many options. Many less options if you don't have a lot of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rent, in the city, I am not a multi millionaire. I'd be looking for a studio or 1 br. I am however currently in Boston so I dont expect the sticker shock to be too stunning.

sfer
01-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Dunno what typical Boston rents are but I'm pretty sure that you'll be paying substantially more to live in a heavily desired neighborhood.

pokerjo22
01-13-2005, 04:11 PM
I recently moved from Boston to the Bay Area. The rents are about comparable.

NotMitch
01-13-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I recently moved from Boston to the Bay Area. The rents are about comparable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that I am asking for a healthy COL adj that is awesome to hear.

pokerjo22
01-13-2005, 04:31 PM
No fees either from what I gather. That seems peculiar to Boston.