PDA

View Full Version : QQ 30/60

Paluka
01-13-2005, 12:43 PM
I raise 2 red queens in the cutoff. The small blind calls. He is terrible. The big blind also calls. He is mediocre- not quite tight enough, not quite aggressive enough. He did 3 bet my early pos raise with 77 when he was on the button earlier, but maybe he just likes the button alot. Overall he raises preflop much less than the average winning 30/60 player.
Flop is JhTc2c. They check to me, I bet, they both call.
Turn 5h. Checked to me, I bet, sb calls, and now the bb checkraises. I decide to just call the checkraise. I really think that if the big blind had a jack he would have checkraised the flop. The turn raise indicates a bigger hand, unless he has a big draw. I have the Qh in my hand though, which kills a lot of the big draws he could have had. Maybe 8h9h is possible, or maybe KcQc decided to wait until the turn. But I think JT is his most likely hand, or maybe 22. Anyway with the third guy in the hand I probably should have 3 bet the turn, but I think it is close.
The river comes the As. Sb checks, bb bets, and I fold.
Opinions?

Chris Daddy Cool
01-13-2005, 01:25 PM
hi paluka,

how often do you see the turn semibluff checkraise in a 3 way pot? sure he might get you to fold but he still has to showdown a winner agains the sb, so i think its less likely to be a draw and more likely to be flopped 2pair or a set.

the river fold looks pretty good to me.

skp
01-13-2005, 02:37 PM
I could either 3 bet or just call the turn. I don't think it matters much.

I call the river though. What happened to your read that the bb could possibly have 9h8h? Surely, the fact that he bet the river Ace does not suddenly make 9h8h so much less likely that you can now conclude that he doesn't have it. Granted, the sb might overcall if he hit an Ace but I take that chance rather than raising the river.

James282
01-13-2005, 02:59 PM
I think the river As is a terrible card for you and agree with the river fold. As I see it on the turn, his most likely hands(in order) are JT, 22, AJ, ATh, and some sort of draw. So I'm calling down unless an A hits or the Jack pairs. As to the turn three-bet, I think it's unlikely that terrible player will fold any hand that has a legitimate chance to beat you, and while it'd be nice to charge him the max, it wouldn't be nice to get 4 bet. A 3 bet is absolutely correct, however, if it is unlikely the BB will 4 bet you with JT or 22 and you can take a free showdown unimproved. Players like this are not common, but you said he wasn't aggressive so who knows. So long story short, against most opponents, I think you played it well.
-James

SA125
01-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Unless I'm having a brain freeze, there's 10.5 BB's in there when the BB bets the river. I think if he's agro enough to 3 bet the button with 77, he might take a shot at it here. There's 11.5-1 for you to pick him off. Not bad.