PDA

View Full Version : Poker tracker on different skins?

Radio
01-13-2005, 11:23 AM
If you are using poker tracker say on the crypto sites does it recognise that its the same rooms and same players you are up against in each skin you log on under. And is it the same for the party skins?

illunious
01-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Yes, it does.

To combine your stats from multiple skins (or multiple sites) click "Aliases" in the general tab when your main username is selected.

Radio
01-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Yes but does it recognise that other players in the game are same? I mean if you play on interpoker your still playing against the same bunch of players that u were up against in william hill poker. You get what i mean?

illunious
01-13-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes but does it recognise that other players in the game are same? I mean if you play on interpoker your still playing against the same bunch of players that u were up against in william hill poker. You get what i mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, PT groups all players on all the skin sites into a general skin category, so all their stats will be combined no matter what skin you are playing on.

After the hand is imported, PT actually doesn't store whether the hand was played on Interpoker or William Hill (for example), just that it was on a crypto skin.

mc1
01-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Prima and ladbrokes share software yet have different players. Does that mean that poker tracker would merge 2 different players results if the same alias is used by different people on the 2 sites.

Radio
01-13-2005, 06:33 PM
I doubt that as i play at ladbrokes and have a PT data base of ladbrokes players and it lists them as ladbrokes. Although now its pointless because i have been unable to download hand historys to a text file from ladbrokes since the 4th of jan. I emailed support about this but they just said they forwarded my complaint onto the software developer!

illunious
01-13-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Prima and ladbrokes share software yet have different players. Does that mean that poker tracker would merge 2 different players results if the same alias is used by different people on the 2 sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

AFAIK, yes, in the preferences tab (under supported sites) they are listed as "Prima/Ladbrokes". I think PT categorizes the hand history by the sites listed here.

Haven't played Ladbrokes though, so can't say for sure.

CLC
01-14-2005, 03:25 PM
If I play on three crypto sites, I have three different screen names. If I play 1000 hands against you from a single site then it would show all the hands under that screen name, however if I played 400 hands at site X, 300 at site Y and another 300 at site Z, Poker Tracker would not automatically group my three screen names unless you were to manually use the alias function.