PDA

View Full Version : JJ, good bluff attempt?

kongo_totte
01-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Villian in this hand is a solid player. I really don't have him for a player who plays/raises with nothing. He is all around a good player.

NL $1 BB Full ring online. Villian is UTG+2, I'm 2 seats to his left w/ JJ. Both stacks are about $100.

Villian raises to $3 first in, I call, SB calls. 3 to the flop.

Flop ($10): Tc 4s 7c

SB checks, villian raises $6, I make it $12, SB folds, villian calls. (I'm fairly certain I'm beat here by a higher PP.)

Turn ($34): Td

Villian checks, I raise $20, he thinks and calls(good?)

River ($74): Qd

He checks, I check behind (weak?).

Thoughts?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Raise more on the flop. That or just call down.

GimmeDaWatch
01-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Id want to be fairly sure villain can lay down an overpair before trying this, but if you think so its ok. Especially if you were planning on looking him up anyway.

kongo_totte
01-13-2005, 10:30 AM
I really didn't see any point in raising more on the flop. The point of the raise was to find out if he just took another stab with over cards, and I'm fairly confident he would have mucked over cards to my min. re-raise.

lostinthought
01-13-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Turn ($34): Td

Villian checks, I raise $20 , he thinks and calls(good?)

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean you bet $20?

lostinthought
01-13-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really didn't see any point in raising more on the flop. The point of the raise was to find out if he just took another stab with over cards, and I'm fairly confident he would have mucked over cards to my min. re-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are sure you are behind when he calls your min-raise on the flop, (i.e. you put him on an overpair to jacks) then you decide on the turn you want to bluff him out of the pot.

Do you think $20 is the optimal risk/reward bet on the turn?

GimmeDaWatch
01-13-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise more on the flop. That or just call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way he played it is very similar to the way alot of players would play a set or AT, though, but of course villain will not fold to the min-raise and will only fold to a decent sized turn bet most of the time.

kongo_totte
01-13-2005, 04:12 PM
He showed me A A to take it down.