PDA

View Full Version : AJs in the SB

Alexthegreat
01-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Live 4/8 kill....Folded to some guy who thinks it's okay to open limp on the button......where do these people come from??.....I raise with AcJc in the SB....BB calls and so does the monkey...

Flop is 5c6c3c

I bet.

They both fold, I laugh and show my cards, and some fat old guy at the table says "wow, you flop the nuts and bet. You need to read my book"

I really want to ask him why he's so fat, but then I think, "maybe I SHOULD have opened the door." I decide to ask you guys about it.

Should I have opened the door here?????

MCS
01-13-2005, 08:13 AM
I open-limped the button fivehanded with 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif tonight. My friend went nuts about it. It was awesome.

I would probably just check the flop and hope one of them tries to steal. Then lead the turn no matter what comes.

chief444
01-13-2005, 09:00 AM
I bet about any flop in this situation regardless of whether I improve or not. So I don't like to check when I do hit big either.

Alexthegreat
01-13-2005, 09:02 AM
That was my thinking...."Of course I'm going to bet any flop that misses me, so why should they think I hit a BS flop like that??"

kyzerjose
01-13-2005, 09:09 AM
Because they're monkeys?

PokerBob
01-13-2005, 09:09 AM
I let them peel one off for free.

BetTheFlop
01-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Why are you showing your hand?

Rob

DeeJ
01-13-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really want to ask him why he's so fat

[/ QUOTE ]

This is far more important than any show / don't show discussion /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MyssGuy
01-13-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That was my thinking...."Of course I'm going to bet any flop that misses me, so why should they think I hit a BS flop like that??"

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like in this game (evident by the limp open on the button) that these people play their hand and don't think about yours. In this case, you need to let them catch up. They won't think you're making a move if you open on this flop, they just think they don't have any of it. Check the flop, bet the turn.

chief444
01-13-2005, 10:54 AM
If you had AJ of a different suit then would you expect them to fold? I don't think very often.

mistrpug
01-13-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They both fold, I laugh and show my cards, and some fat old guy at the table says "wow, you flop the nuts and bet. You need to read my book"

I really want to ask him why he's so fat, but then I think, "maybe I SHOULD have opened the door." I decide to ask you guys about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have said, "Maybe you should read your own book if you think my hand was the nuts on that board."

And don't show your cards unless you have to.

Alexthegreat
01-14-2005, 04:16 AM
I play bad...I haven't played enough to not show these kind of hands.......

Thanks for your replies!