PDA

View Full Version : Ever get so pissed at one player......

theredpill
01-13-2005, 06:49 AM
That you stay at the table for 3 hours even though the situation isn't really very much + EV. This guy pissed me off so bad tonight. Then, it just continued. Everytime I hit trips...he had the full house. I mean everytime.

I got $25
A Q in MP

Raise to $3 preflop (.25/.50 NL 6 max party poker)
Flop A A 7

He's in EP

He bets $2 (pot= 7)

I raise to $9

He calls.
Turn: 5

I have about $8 left and I push the rest in.

He calls and flips over A 5 for the full house.

Did I play this right ? Sorry for the bad structure. Then....I stay at the table 3 hours and sit through terrible hand after terrible hand. I manage to run my money up to $74 from $25. I should have left then. But then....I get J 5 in the BB. ONly 3 people on the table at this point.

Flop: 5 X Q

I bet the pot.

He calls

Turn: 5

Cool....trip 5's

I bet the same amount ($2)

He calls.

River: K

All of a sudden he bets $10 (pot = 10)

I pause for a second. I think maybe he has K Q for two pair or some other combo. I call and he flips over another full house Q 5.

I ran into probably 15 full houses tonight. Unbelievable. I think I broke even or lost a few dollars.

I flopped a set of 5's on a monotone board and pushed all-in after a guy bet the pot. He calls with underpair T T and hits runner runner 4 of a kind. He called for all of his chips with T T with a Q on the flop. I told him it was a horrible call and all he says was "it worked out ok".

How did I play A Q trip Aces ? How much are you willing to gamble with trips ? I lost all $25 with trip aces and queen kicker. Nothing seemed to go right. I either had the best hand and folded to some shmuck who got cute with his betting or called with the worst hand. I never hit anything tonight. What an awful night. Worst night thus far I think. I don't think I went on tilt , though so that was good.

DBowling
01-13-2005, 06:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I told him it was a horrible call and all he says was "it worked out ok".

[/ QUOTE ]

dont do this. ever. ever ever ever. please.

AQ hand you played fine.
J5 hand you played okay. im not sure if i like the flop bet, but only you know how much fold equity you felt you had.

boondockst
01-13-2005, 07:01 AM
"nice catch" is the most anger i've ever let out on someone...you have to congratulate their wonderfully played hand so they will continue...i had the same situation where a guy stuck with QQ with an ace on board that i fired hard on (i had TT and knew he didn't have the ace from his play on the hand) and i felt like berating him as well but refrained....if i wasn't as informed as i am from reading here and using PT, reading books, etc...it would still put me off to see someone analyzing the hand with any bit of rationale....and i'd fear them...and not call their bets with 4 hearts on the board when i had bottom pair only /images/graemlins/wink.gif

theredpill
01-13-2005, 07:27 AM
I just did the math on A Q vs A 5 with trip aces on board and I guess I was only 71 % to win which makes sense I suppose. It's my kicker over his. Anyone disagree about all the chips going in the middle on the turn ? I almost do but the pot was already pretty big on the turn that I guess it was unavoidable if I wanted to see the river or see his hand at all. I guess I gave it my best shot to get him off his hand on the flop. The pot was $7 and he bet $2. I pretty much figured for ace with bad kicker.

I saw some messed up stuff tonight and not sure what to make of it.

I saw a guy on a $25 NL 6 max table call a $9 all-in from a short stack with Q 5 . The caller had a big stack of around $60 but still. He hit a full house. ???? Wierd. Is that too wierd ?? Makes you wonder sometimes what is really going on. He continued his nutty play until he ran it up to $150 and then left. I don't think he ever lost a hand. It makes you wonder. I think I put him on my buddy list even though he had $150 on his stack because his play couldn't have been + EV unless he knew the programmers of the RNG or had some connections to confidential info.

DBowling
01-13-2005, 08:10 AM
i just wanted to repeat this incase you skimmed over it...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I told him it was a horrible call and all he says was "it worked out ok".

[/ QUOTE ]

dont do this. ever. ever ever ever. please.

[/ QUOTE ]

vanHelsing
01-13-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...I think I broke even or lost a few dollars...
...What an awful night. Worst night thus far I think...

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be blessed!

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I went on tilt , though so that was good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your post sounds like on full tilt /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

But really, are you sure about that. Watch yourself carefully while running cold. It doesn't always have to be the full tilt. Little anger caused errors add up as well.
Just take your J5 where you bet into 2 players with BP(?)MK.
Is that a move you usually make out of position? Or may it be caused by some bad cards? I can't tell, you have to answer on your own.

gk2400
01-13-2005, 09:27 AM
In a 25 max buy NL game on Party expect anything. The first hand was in your favor but he hit his 3 outer. This happends alot on Party because people are always chasing. Which is a really good for us. The second hand I wouldn't bet in front of two players with bottom pair/weak kicker just my 2 cents.

Gene

pho75
01-13-2005, 11:48 AM
I totaly agree.

Sometimes, if I take a really bad one and everyone starts making comments like "ouch" "that hurts" "ooo". I do some fake ranting "FU! BITCH! werg54gzfkvnsdlk" and then hope for A's or K's to come soon so I can go all-in before the flop. I have to admit though, it's only worked once in many 1000's of hands.

amoeba
01-13-2005, 12:07 PM
I think all the chips going in on the turn is fine.

I have a problem with your flop raise though. Defines your hand too well.

The times that he doesn't have an Ace, you lose out on induced bluffs on the turn, river. you do risk him drawing to his 2 outer but thats a risk I'm usually willing to take.

AncientPC
01-13-2005, 01:59 PM
The better you get, the more bad beats you're going to receive. Learn to deal with it.

ihardlyknowher
01-13-2005, 02:30 PM
I think you played the first hand great. With 20/20 hindsight, a good argument for a push on the flop could be made. You most likely have the best hand, (with AK he probably would have raised pre-flop at some point, and if he has A7 you are probably just going to have to pay the man). Anyway, there is no way I am not going to play for all my chips in this situation. From, his flop bet, it looks like he caught a piece of the flop (maybe Ax, K7, 97, 87, 76) or he has a pocket pair and wants to test the waters. In any event, the only hands that would be correct to call your pot sized raised are AK or A7, so you might as well increase your folding equity and push, because all the chips are going in eventually anyway. Maybe, this would have got him to fold his A5 and it would have saved you from the bad beat, but he should have folded to your $9 raise anyway. If he likes to play A-rag and fish like that, I would stick around and try to isolate him when I have A-K thru A-9, you will soon get your money back.

IMO, the second hand is a mistake (one that I make all of the time): being too agressive from early position. Bottom (or middle when its 5s) pair with a decent kicker is not a hand I want to try and buy a pot with from early position (consider the counterfeiting risk - I learned this the hard way after going broke back to back after flopping bottom 2 pair). I would much rather try to buy a pot from early position when I have a strong draw. With your J5 on this board, if you don't have the best hand, you only have 5 outs at most. Also, since you limped in pre-flop, your folding equity is much lower.

swolfe
01-13-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe, this would have got him to fold his A5 and it would have saved you from the bad beat

[/ QUOTE ]

you WANT the A5 to call the flop bet when he's a 3:1 underdog.

JoeC
01-13-2005, 03:44 PM
I usually say "nh" after I get bad beat.. and ONLY when I get bad beat. It's a way of sort of letting off steam without letting the rest of the table know you're doing it. Does this make any sense?

Biff M.
01-13-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually say "nh" after I get bad beat.. and ONLY when I get bad beat. It's a way of sort of letting off steam without letting the rest of the table know you're doing it. Does this make any sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be pretty stupid to not know what's going on when mr AA says nh to mr Q4o.

Anyhow, the poster needs to get his cool together. If you stay at a table for hours just to break a guy, then you're on tilt. You can't possible be playing at your best. Sounds like a Helmuth story. When you take something that feels like a really bad beat, I think you should leave the table if you feel this affects you. By affects I'm thinking that you get a sudden urge to win all the money back as soon as possible. Betting that J5 hand doesn't look like you're cool with things.