PDA

View Full Version : hypothetical preflop

Reef
01-13-2005, 06:26 AM
You are on the button in a limit game. Oddly enough it gets raised, 3 bet, capped, and cold called all the way around to you.

a) What is your range of hands?
b) does it change based on whether the first 3 (utg-utg+2) are TAG or LAG? If so, how?
c) does the rest of the table's style matter at all?

Reef
01-13-2005, 08:50 PM
?

kowboy
01-14-2005, 01:30 AM
with so many callers after the cap it sounds like a low limit table. Being that anyone could have anything from pairs to connectors. Being tag or lag or pag or any of the profiles doesnt nearly matter as much as my cards in this instance. If I want to gamble Ill play any pair hoping to hit my set. If I dont, i would stick to the top five hands and check the flop out. with so much money in there I would opt for the gamble and hope i hit the flop real hard. The decision isnt that tough pre flop. Once we have seen three cards.....Thats another story. /images/graemlins/spade.gif

daryn
01-14-2005, 03:22 AM
10-handed table? say a game with a 1/2 blind structure. say $10/$20

ok so utg raises, utg+1 reraises, utg+2 3 bets, utg+3 caps.

utg+4 calls, utg+5 calls, utg+6 calls.

you are utg+7. what odds are you getting? $235 in there. $40 to call, 5.875-1. plus some other people might come in, and also people like utg+1 and utg+2 will likely call with anything they thought was worth raising with initially, so your odds are gonna be at least 6.5-1 or something like that, maybe even more.

you call with any pocket pair, and suited almost all suited connectors i guess.

this question is boring.