PDA

View Full Version : KJ On Bubble

Skip Brutale
01-13-2005, 05:01 AM
Blinds 150/300. I have 1500 chips, other 3 have 1300, 3200 and 2000.

Folded to my small blind with KJ. BB is 3200 player and is really really loose. Just calls every hand pre-flop and folds without a pair on the flop. Keeps doubling up with big pocket pairs to overcome his constant bleeding.

I feel I have subpar fold equity and am not sure if it's worth risking it all here with K high on the bubble. I decide to just complete. He mini-raises. Well I've come this far.

Flop is Q94. For some reason, I check to him. He mini-bets, all of his mini-bets have been bluffs. I check-raise all-in and he calls with A8. The poker Gods aren't forgiving me for the play of this hand as I miss 10 outs twice.

It feels like I just played this hand as wrong as possible. Should I have just pushed pre-flop? Folded to his mini-raise? Called and check-folded the flop if I missed?

eastbay
01-13-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 150/300. I have 1500 chips, other 3 have 1300, 3200 and 2000.

Folded to my small blind with KJ. BB is 3200 player and is really really loose. Just calls every hand pre-flop and folds without a pair on the flop. Keeps doubling up with big pocket pairs to overcome his constant bleeding.

I feel I have subpar fold equity and am not sure if it's worth risking it all here with K high on the bubble. I decide to just complete. He mini-raises. Well I've come this far.

Flop is Q94. For some reason, I check to him. He mini-bets, all of his mini-bets have been bluffs. I check-raise all-in and he calls with A8. The poker Gods aren't forgiving me for the play of this hand as I miss 10 outs twice.

It feels like I just played this hand as wrong as possible. Should I have just pushed pre-flop? Folded to his mini-raise? Called and check-folded the flop if I missed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Misplayed at every decision, IMO. I'd push here preflop.

After calling and the minraise, I'd either ditch or all-in, based on what I think of this guy.

Once you call, you have to shove your chips in his face on the flop. But you never should have been there to begin with.

eastbay

schwah
01-13-2005, 05:19 AM
this is a pretty easy push preflop imo

assron
01-13-2005, 10:30 AM
push pf for sure... I wouldnt bother completing with any hand at 300 blinds.

Skip Brutale
01-13-2005, 06:20 PM
Had I pushed I'm sure I would have still finished 4th. But at least I wouldn't have played like a douche.

Irieguy
01-13-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I feel I have subpar fold equity and am not sure if it's worth risking it all here with K high on the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, fair enough. If you are astute enough to recognize this, then it may be worthwhile to watch the 1300 stack play his blinds and see if anything changes.

Irieguy

rachelwxm
01-14-2005, 11:29 AM
Jesus, even if he call anytwo, I still push. Do you see why? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You cannot pass these edges.