PDA

View Full Version : Big pot JTo in a good game

rdoria
01-13-2005, 04:59 AM
Good, loose game, avg about 40% to the flop. Only been there for three or four orbits, but Villian looks weak-tight, seeing only a few flops and folding on the turn to single bets.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB <font color="#A500AF">(Villian)</font> calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Villian calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Villian calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Figured the CO would raise, planning to make a steal-bet or -raise on the turn if I improve or not.

Turn: (14 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Villian calls.

River: (18 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Villian calls.

Desperation raise.

Final Pot: 22 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 22 BB, between Hero and Villian.</font>

Thoughts?

Thanks as always

Nick C
01-13-2005, 05:11 AM
To be honest, I don't think you're going to be able to steal many pots on the turn when you have six opponents on the flop.

I don't see how you had identified who the villain was at that point.

You do have a decent draw on the flop, though, although with so many others in, the hearts are a concern.

evain
01-13-2005, 05:12 AM
I fold pre flop.

But once you have called, I fold to the turn bet.

evain

Gatts
01-13-2005, 06:07 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

But once you have called, I fold to the turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a serious error.

Fold it preflop, JTo is trash.

You shouldn't be betting or raising this unless you hit your straight. You won't steal large multiway pots with one bet or raise.

bernie
01-13-2005, 06:26 AM
Do you often blow chips like this?

Preflop, if the game is very, very passive preflop, it can be close. I still fold it in this spot.

I might've raised the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
but Villian looks weak-tight, seeing only a few flops and folding on the turn to single bets

[/ QUOTE ]

Look closely at your description. Then look at your turn action. Weak tighties don't tend to fold on 3 flush boards after they've bet into them. Especially on the river after they just called a turn raise and lead out on the river.

[ QUOTE ]
planning to make a steal-bet or -raise on the turn if I improve or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Into 6 players seeing the turn on a flush draw board? Are you nuts?

[ QUOTE ]
River: (18 BB) 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
Villian bets, Hero raises, Villian calls.

Desperation raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think desperation is the word I'd use to describe it.

Villain probably knows if you had a flush draw, you'd have raised the flop as most do when it's a bet and mass callers to you. So he thinks you're semi bluffing the turn. Once his hand is good on the river, he feels ok to bet again.

Ugly hand.

b

rdoria
01-13-2005, 06:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you often blow chips like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's why I posted it. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop, if the game is very, very passive preflop, it can be close. I still fold it in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't defend it. I thought it would go seven to the flop w/o a raise, and even then I knew it was the shoulder-imp making me do it

[ QUOTE ]

I might've raised the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
but Villian looks weak-tight, seeing only a few flops and folding on the turn to single bets

[/ QUOTE ]

Look closely at your description. Then look at your turn action. Weak tighties don't tend to fold on 3 flush boards after they've bet into them. Especially on the river after they just called a turn raise and lead out on the river.

[ QUOTE ]
planning to make a steal-bet or -raise on the turn if I improve or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Into 6 players seeing the turn on a flush draw board? Are you nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol right again, but I had a weird read... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
River: (18 BB) 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)
Villian bets, Hero raises, Villian calls.

Desperation raise

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think desperation is the word I'd use to describe it.

Villain probably knows if you had a flush draw, you'd have raised the flop as most do when it's a bet and mass callers to you. So he thinks you're semi bluffing the turn. Once his hand is good on the river, he feels ok to bet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, this is what I wanted to get at. This bugged me more than anything, mostly because of the result (I know, I know...). Villian called me down w/ A/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I am as befuddled now by that as I am by how I played this -- I think I'd been up too long to play it at all.

[ QUOTE ]

Ugly hand

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more, but thanks sincerely for your post.

_________
roc

Kaz The Original
01-13-2005, 07:12 AM
Are you the reason the game is good? Of course you know the standard line, but I think villian is calling you with A high here.

bernie
01-13-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian called me down w/ A /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd reclassify this player. He isn't weak tight.

b