PDA

View Full Version : TT again UTG - i hate this

bonanz
01-13-2005, 03:52 AM
i can't fold this against an unknownn? i hate this crap

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Reef
01-13-2005, 04:19 AM
If your opponent is a rock, plays predictably, or rarely bluffs you may consider folding. Often times, people may take a stab on the turn with a bet. But very few will bluff again on the river

milesdyson
01-13-2005, 04:34 AM
It's a crappy situation. Folding this turn would be similar to folding AA here, but at the turn you're going to pay 2 BB to win 9.

Is he bluffing enough? Probably not, but I doubt anyone here does anything different than you did this hand. If it makes you feel better, JJ-99 are my worst hands because of crap like this.

bonanz
01-13-2005, 04:47 AM
i paused for a minute on the flop thinking about raising and waiting till the turn.

if i just call the flop this turn is really easy to get away from...does anyone like that line in this situation? i usually don't wait till the turn that often in situations like this, but have when i find myself here i try to evaluate a second longer to consider it, but i felt raising was superior in this spot.

milesdyson
01-13-2005, 05:03 AM
I find the turn harder to get away from if I don't raise the flop. When I raise the flop and he bets into me again on the turn, it shows strength. If he had A5 and you didn't raise him on the flop, he's right to bet out again on the turn. You really have to raise this flop.

Now, if you did call the flop and raise the turn and were three bet, then it's a super easy fold.

Wario
01-13-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i paused for a minute on the flop thinking about raising and waiting till the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think raising the flop is a better way to protect your hand as you have a good chance of folding overcards.

What does everyone think about raising the turn (folding to a 3-bet) and then taking a free showdown?

Carmine
01-13-2005, 07:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What does everyone think about raising the turn (folding to a 3-bet) and then taking a free showdown?

[/ QUOTE ]

The way hero played it you are gaurenteed to see a showdown for the same # of bets. If you fold to a turn 3-bet you could very well be folding the best hand. Villian could easily have a lower PP or just a 5. Hero raised PF so he is putting you on overs instantly. That means in villians mind he is betting into a guy with Ace high. Anyone disagree with this.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-13-2005, 08:13 AM
its a bad card no doubt, but don't automatically think you're behind here. it's a perfect bluff card and a stop n go is consistent with a midpair afraid to give free cards to overs in this situation.

you're getting 9-2 to call down here, which i think justifies a calldown against an unkown.