PDA

View Full Version : How bout them Heels...

nothumb
01-13-2005, 02:21 AM
These guys are blowing away everyone they face. Should be a good game against Wake on Saturday...

Check out Roy Williams' words of wisdom (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/basketball/ncaa/01/12/bc.bkc.gatech.ncarolina.ap/index.html) and understand why he makes the big bucks.

"This was one of those ugly games where you have to score more points than the other team."

Hehe.

NT

Clarkmeister
01-13-2005, 02:26 AM
Let's see if they bend Wake over like Illinois did.

That said, they are clearly no worse than the 2nd best team in the country. The gap between Illinois, NC, and everyone else seems pretty big.

mmbt0ne
01-13-2005, 02:28 AM
Blow me. Take away McCants and Marvin Williams (like Elder and Dickey, I'll let Smith's absense), give us our full lineup and home court, we win too. I usually like UNC, but I hate them right now. Actually I think I just hate Dickie V. Just once I want ESPN to use the SAP button to mute his loud ass.

But yeah, great game coming up Saturday.

Clarkmeister
01-13-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually I think I just hate Dickie V.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dookie V? At least you are in the ACC so you get a chance for some love when he runs out of things to say about Dook.

nothumb
01-13-2005, 02:30 AM
Look, I wasn't trying to rub it in. It's not our fault your guy got hurt. Sheesh.

I think you're in trouble either way, FWIW. Heels are hot hot hot right now.

NT

Clarkmeister
01-13-2005, 02:31 AM
BTW, you should feel great shame for letting KU somehow win that game. That was terrible.

nothumb
01-13-2005, 02:31 AM
The fact that Dickie V is swinging from Coach K's nuts is just all the more proof Dook sux.

NT

Aces McGee
01-13-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's see if they bend Wake over like Illinois did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heels are playing the Deacs in Winston-Salem, remember. Different scenario. The Illini got them in Champaign.

[ QUOTE ]
That said, they are clearly no worse than the 2nd best team in the country. The gap between Illinois, NC, and everyone else seems pretty big.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, mostly. I do think Kansas is one to give credit to, too, though. They've done pretty well here without Simien at full strength. Now that he's back, and as long as Langford and Moody come back healthy relatively quickly, I think we'll start to see an even better Jayhawk team.

-McGee

mmbt0ne
01-13-2005, 02:37 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
BTW, you should feel great shame for letting KU somehow win that game. That was terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bullshit offensive foul with 30 seconds left in regulation, 3 pointer with a minute that bounces 8 feet above the rim and drops in, losing our leading scorer in the first half, Jack forgetting how to drive in overtime, Ish throwing the final inbound too wide, Dickie V not shutting the hell up again, this time all up on Kansas' nuts, it was an abortion of a New Year's Day for me.

Philuva
01-13-2005, 02:38 AM
CAROLINA SUCKS.

Clarkmeister
01-13-2005, 02:42 AM
"this time all up on Kansas' nuts"

That's because he is the only one in the entire country with KU at #1 instead of UofI or UNC.

mmbt0ne
01-13-2005, 02:44 AM
When they brought that suitcase out to him at halftime for that "Where is Dickie V going?" skit, I would've paid somebody serious money to have that thing open and say 'HELL'

Rob Blackburn
01-13-2005, 02:52 AM
mmmmmmmmmm Tarheels.

DukeSucks
01-13-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that Dickie V is swinging from Coach K's nuts is just all the more proof Dook sux.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was there, he came to Carolina's bookstore before one of the Dook games to do a book signing. Someone asked him to pick the winner, and he sits there and picks Dook. I'm sure he lost a lot of sales that day.

I'm sure he, Kryszewszzziekki, and Hurley had some kind of 3-some going on.

RogerZBT
01-13-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I was there, he came to Carolina's bookstore before one of the Dook games to do a book signing. Someone asked him to pick the winner, and he sits there and picks Dook.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who won?

srvollmer
01-13-2005, 10:20 AM
Carolina Blue is past tense for Carolina Blows.

Love,
Duke Fan

DukeSucks
01-13-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Who won?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would I post this if Duke had won? /images/graemlins/smile.gif But it was a great game.

Shajen
01-13-2005, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

stop hatin.

Benjamin
01-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Damn, the Heels are looking good this year. It's been quite a while since we've had anything close to this kind of fire power. 4 possible NBA starters, and a 5th who only leads the team in scoring and should get a good look in the big league. Add in depth and excellent coaching ... whew, I'm psyched!

B.

Clarkmeister
01-16-2005, 12:51 PM
whoops.

TaxGoddess
01-16-2005, 12:54 PM
As usual when I watch my alma mater they lose...

Oh well, at least I was there when Dean still ruled. '93 was a great year.

Gordon Bombay
01-16-2005, 12:54 PM

DemonDeac
01-16-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UNC is so good. They're so good. That's why they gots spanked by Wake.

Here are the REAL top 5 teams in the country, 1 to 5:

Illinois
Wake Forest
Kansas
Duke
Syracuse

[/ QUOTE ]

I AGREE
GO DEACS!!
I WAS AT THE GAME. 4TH ROW. DOMINATION. CHRIS PAUL IS PLAYER OF THE YEAR.
STILL TRYIN TO FIND MY VOICE

Gordon Bombay
01-16-2005, 01:23 PM

Rob Blackburn
01-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Carolina not even on their A game and were still in it, a few times it could have gotten away but they kept it on the line.

I really wish they were playing the one and one this year, too bad we don't have a chance to stomp them at the Dean Dome.

Hopefully they will meet again in the ACC tourney.

IggyWH
01-16-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So long as Warrick is Big East conference POY.

19.7 PPG
8.7 RPG

6 or 7 dunks yesterday agains Providence.

If you had him for PF Wake would be unbeatable.

"Hakim Warrick had 25 points, 12 rebounds and a key steal with 3.3 seconds left to turn back Providence's last chance and No. 7 Syracuse held on for a 75-71 victory on Saturday."

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I have any room to talk since my Panthers are sucking it up so far in league play, but when you need to the last seconds to beat Providence, you're not a top5 team. All you got to do is not let Gmones have a insane scoring day and Providence can be handled.

I'm still not convinced on Hakim yet. I would say wait for Pitt to play them but Pitt's defense blows. Chev will be there to guard him though and Taft will be there for some backdoor help. The one that scares me is Gerry Mac... if he gets hot, it's lights out and he can stroke it from anywhere.

Benjamin
01-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Wake played an excellent game: very solid D, and Paul was inspired and pretty much unstoppable. That said, they definitely got some help from the officials. McCants deserved maybe 2 of the first four fouls he was hit with and having him unavailable for very large chunks of the game definitely hurt UNC (How about him getting hit with the foul when the Wake guy intentionally backhands him in the throat and Rashad doesn't even react. Double foul? Please.) Despite that Carolina hung in there, and if Wake hits it's season percentage from the free throw line instead of going 32 for 32 then it's tied up at the end.

Credit Wake for a good game, for sure, but I sure hate it when the officials muck a game up that badly. Carolina really didn't look very good though, wayy to many turnovers.

B.