PDA

View Full Version : Popular (and a few not-so-popular) sports figures I dislike

Clarkmeister
01-13-2005, 02:12 AM
In no order.

Manning - Win something. Once. Loser.

Favre - The media slobbering on him is absolutely ridiculous. Great talent that lacked the self-discipline needed to put his name along those like Elway and Montana. Plus, he got a total free pass on his drug addiction. And yes, I'm going to the race card on that one.

Jeter - C'mon, he's not nearly *that* good. Intangibles my ass.

Glavine - Union schill always irritated me.

Chelios - Not a Black Hawks fan, but signing with the Red Wings is something you just don't do.

Bobby Frankel - Shut up. Doper.

Phold - Just what are you smiling about Phil? It's ok to look pissed when you play bad. At least we know Tiger cares when he's sucking.

Roy Williams - (See Peyton Manning, PLUS he's a liar)

Bobby Knight - The ultimate hypocrite. The man preaches discipline and has absolutely none himself.

Dale Earnhart - He's dead, and that's a shame, but I always hated him for some reason.

Monty - Need I elaborate?

Tyson - Most overrated ever. Quick: Who's the best fighter he ever beat? (No, Spinks laying down doesn't count).

Karl Malone - Always thought he was a fake.

There are many more. I'll add them as I think of them.

ThaSaltCracka
01-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling, both total douche bags.

Clarkmeister
01-13-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but one of them has the nickname The Big Unit and you don't snicker when you say it. That counts for a lot in my book.

nolanfan34
01-13-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Phold - Just what are you smiling about Phil?

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen his wife?

Seriously, at least Phil looks excited when he wins, unlike Tiger. Tiger is facinating to watch when he's on, but it's hardly exciting the way this year's Masters was watching Phil.

Plus he's a nice guy, the one autograph I got at the NEC at Sahalee a couple years back. I was two feet away from Tiger when he was signing and he wouldn't even look people in the eye or acknowledge people were speaking to him.

I pretty much agree with the rest of your like, I must say, although I have no clue who Frankel is, and I never followed NASCAR so I can't say I dislike Earnheart.

Interesting point about Tyson, I never thought about that really.

Danenania
01-13-2005, 02:20 AM
I dislike Scotty Pippen, Allen Iverson, Rick Fox, Kobe, Shaq, A-Rod, John Elway, Joe Morgan, John Madden, Pete Sampras, Venus & Serena, Vijay Singh, Country Club Rich Boys on the PGA, and that guy who always wins the trick shot pool competitions.

Leo99
01-13-2005, 02:21 AM
Re: Favre

I thought I was the only won irritated with him. Though, it's not as much as the media fawining all over him. Watching the Pack get their asses kicked the talking heads praised Brett. He just guns the ball into traffic and hopes for the best. Shame, he seems like a pretty nice guy. They say he even mows his own lawn. Hell, even I pay someone to do that.

nothumb
01-13-2005, 02:28 AM
Malone and Stockton = chumps in my book. Malone always folded in the big games and I always thought he and Stockton were dirty, especially when they got older. The hip-checks and charlie horses you would get going by Stockton were absurd.

Jeter, too, I concur. Not even the best shortstop on his own team.

Steinbrenner. Duh.

Mike Kryzweski. Hey, I'm a Heels fan. And who's the last great NBA player to come out of Duke? They either get in accidents, get hurt or they suck.

Barry Bonds. Fuc<font color="orange"></font>king arrogant juicer bastard.

Gary Sheffield. See above.

There are lots more, I just don't have time to think.

Oh yeah, Ed Reed. Do-gooder.

NT

Usul
01-13-2005, 02:31 AM
I can understand the Favre thing. He is constantly hyped and kiss-assed by the media. The last thing he needs is someone to defend him, but wasn't he addicted to pain killers? There seems to be a difference to me between getting hooked on painkillers and being an alcholoic or a cokehead. I think the thing that Favre has going for him is that he is a (formerly?) great player who is quiet, polite, and by all accounts a good person. This seems to be the exception to the rule in many sports these days. All you have to do is look at Favre's last game to see the contrast between class and utter lack thereof.

Sponger15SB
01-13-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dislike Scotty Pippen

[/ QUOTE ]

Scotty Pippen made me cry when he wouldn't sign a basketball card for me.

It was in like 92' when the dream team was training in San Diego, and me and my dad went down and we met a bunch of cool people (coach K, cylde drexler, etc) and then Scotty says to me in a cold voice "I don't sign cards kid".

I hate him.

Aces McGee
01-13-2005, 02:34 AM
I don't think Rick Fox counts as a popular athlete. God, I hope not. Everyone I know hates him almost as much as I do.

-McGee

sublime
01-13-2005, 02:42 AM

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tron
01-13-2005, 02:43 AM
You should have said something witty about him being Michael Jordan's sidekick. I'll bet he takes a lot of offense to stuff like that.

sublime
01-13-2005, 02:44 AM

i have never really heard anything bad about either one of them, until RJ's moronic reactions the other day. I am sure you know more about him from his days in SEA.

whats wrong with curt?

liquidboss
01-13-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dale Earnhart - He's dead, and that's a shame, but I always hated him for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the greatest line ever...

ThaSaltCracka
01-13-2005, 02:54 AM
I dislike Curt simply because he acts like a [censored] everywhere he goes.

Other than that, no real reason. I noticed I greatly dislike all power pitchers for some reason.

The Dude
01-13-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You want to put money on the game this weekend?

Clarkmeister
01-13-2005, 03:00 AM
Note that winning this game doesn't count as "winning something".

I've already bet the Pats -1. If you want to go double or nothing for your 50 bucks at that line, you're on.

The Dude
01-13-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pats -1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify, you're picking the Pats to win by 1, right? If so, I'll take it.

Clarkmeister
01-13-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pats -1.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify, you're picking the Pats to win by 1, right? If so, I'll take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Pats -1. Colts win, you win. Pats win by 1, it's a push. Pats win by more than one, I win.

Deal. gl

The Dude
01-13-2005, 03:08 AM
deal.

Inthacup
01-13-2005, 03:20 AM
You completely skipped over the sport of poker.

jdl22
01-13-2005, 03:26 AM
Malone and Stockton completely suck. I've always been a Blazers fan and back when we were good it was always good to beat them in the playoffs. Other than the Lakers there wasn't a team I'd want to beat more in the playoffs (ok any Eastern Conference team probably would have done /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

Malone is dirty and goes down as if shot out of a cannon when breathed on. Anybody remember when he elbowed Brian Grant in the face? Brian Grant got called for a foul! Anybody else would have been rejected, he goes to the line.

Anybody read Dennis Rodman's book "Bad as I Wanna Be"? IIRC he said the cheapest players in the league were Stockton and Malone and everybody in the NBA agreed.

jar
01-13-2005, 03:26 AM
I'm still annoyed at Schil for not being in PHI anymore, but not nearly as much as that total shithead Scott Rolen. It was a real treat to watch Rolen and Jimmy Rollins in the same infield, but at least we kept the better man.

jdl22
01-13-2005, 03:37 AM
You need some soccer players:

David Beckham (Real Madrid) - a hit with the ladies, he can take free kicks well, is good at crossing and absolutely nothing else. Has no pace, couldn't dribble the ball past me, can't tackle anybody is lazy and always bitching. Pretty much all hype.

Sol Cambell (Arsenal) - I'm not a Spurs fan but going to Arsenal was pretty fucking lousy.

Most will agree with the above but for these guys it's more personal:
Denilson (Betis) - Lopera paid an arm and a leg for this capullo. Has tons of fancy moves and gets by a lot of people but has passed the ball around 3 times in his entire career. Gets fouled a lot but other than that is as useful as a heater in the sevillano summer. Talks a lot of shit about my team - Sevilla. Funny, Betis hasn't beaten Sevilla the entire time he's played for them!

Joaquin (Betis) - best player on Betis gives me enough reason to hate him. Sadly for him he doesn't know the thrill of victory in the sevillano derby.

Lopera (President of Betis) - too easy, I'll let others elaborate.

ilovemyZ
01-13-2005, 03:51 AM
To add more diversity to this post:
Doug Christie- Totally and completely pussywhipped. Always draws attention to himself, even for simplest of lay-ups.

Floppy Divac- Plays his best defense when lying on his back. Bitches, whines, and moans when anytime he's touched on the offensive end.

Kobe- Extremely selfish. He believes his sh!t dont stink. This is just scratching the surface... I'll let others elaborate.

Vince Carter- Overrated. Quitter. Lacks work ethic. He admits to dogging it.

BottlesOf
01-13-2005, 03:54 AM
I'll add Stephon Marbury.

He gave me the finger from his Ferrari on 52nd street a couple years ago.

Also, Ryan Leaf (If he counts.)

I went to the NFL draft that year and he was the only prick out of all the draftees in attendance (Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Andre Wadsworth and Curtis Enis being the others)

Justin A
01-13-2005, 03:59 AM
I'll add a couple.

Jeff Kent. When he was with the Giants, people within the orginization hated him more than Barry Bonds.

Dusty Baker. Most overrated manager ever.

Justin A

Eurotrash
01-13-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and that guy who always wins the trick shot pool competitions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Massey??

Gatts
01-13-2005, 06:44 AM
I don't think I dislike many athletes. I might get annoyed that someone's overrated (Jeter, Favre), but I don't dislike them.

tolbiny
01-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Has nothing to do with Randy and Curt beating the yankees on several occasions?

Maybe you will like johnson by the end of the season. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

craig r
01-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Ha! And he does it again.

craig

tolbiny
01-13-2005, 07:06 AM
"Manning - Win something. Once. Loser."

"Jeter - C'mon, he's not nearly *that* good. Intangibles my ass"

Manning doesn''t win and clark hates him for it, all jeter does is win, and clark hates him for it. Hmmmmm.

Ohh well, my list includes T.O. Was watching the game and cheered briefly when he got injured. I try not to root for that sort of stuff, but he manages to bring it out in me. On the other hand i think Randy Moss is hilarous.
also John Elway.
I Hate john Elway.
I really hate john elway.
I used to come as close as possible to hating jordan, but that's just about impossible, so i have given up, and now i like him.
Bonds.

Zoltri
01-13-2005, 07:13 AM
The town where I used to live is a PGA tour stop.
20 years ago I had the pleasure of serving Jack Nicklaus, Lee Trevino and Bob Murphy at the same table. Also served my idol at the time but years later, Fred Couples, great guy.

Fast track to 1990, Curtis Strange is the most conceded, moody and demanding a$$hole I have come across. This idiot returned his prime rib 3 times on me in such a condescending way I nearly threw him out.

I loved it when the Euros beat his sorry ass.

Shajen
01-13-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You join the fuzz man on the pantheon of my idols.

Congrats, it's a small reward for your outstanding work. Be advised, I don't clean bathrooms.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
01-13-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Has nothing to do with Randy and Curt beating the yankees on several occasions?

[/ QUOTE ]maybe

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you will like johnson by the end of the season.

[/ QUOTE ] not a chance. I didn't like Clemens before he was a Yankee, I didn't like him while he was a Yankee, and I don't like him now.

nolanfan34
01-13-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, Ryan Leaf (If he counts.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. He's so easy to dislike too.

I was one year ahead of him in classes at WSU, but we were both in the broadcasting program, so I knew him a little bit. He always reminded me of the stereotypical guy in the snobby frat on campus. If he knew you, or you were a friend of his, then you were OK and he treated you fine. If not, he could care less and wouldn't give you the time of day. My wife detests him like none other.

I will say I wasn't surprised to see him melt down in the NFL the way he did.

CCass
01-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Manning is a good guy and a great player, but he needs to win the big one so people like Clark will STFU.

Favre - I agree with Clark, time for Favre to hang it up.

Jeter - Would we even know his name is he wasn't in NY?

Glavine - I always liked him because he was in Atl., but I agree his is a Union Shill.

Chelios - WTF do I care about Hockey.

Frankel - WTF do I care about horses.

Phil - I don't like him either, he looks like a fat tub of goo (with apologies to Terry Forster).

Roy Williams - Meh.

The General - Best College BBall coach in the history of the game. Unfortunately, no self control. I am afraid the game has passed him.

Earnhardt - I never liked him either. When he wrecked somebody, he was "just racing hard". If someone wrecked him, people acted like the President had been shot.

Monty - Choke Dog.

Tyson - Would have loved to see him get killed by Ali in his prime.

Malone - Big Ass Whiney Bitch

NotMitch
01-13-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Monty - Need I elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://content-golf.live.advance.net/images/gd200206/montybutton.jpg

Rick Diesel
01-13-2005, 01:06 PM
The N.C. Coach, the Cowboy, or the Lion?

Clarkmeister
01-14-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The N.C. Coach, the Cowboy, or the Lion?

[/ QUOTE ]

The coach.

Clarkmeister
01-16-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In no order.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I lied. At least one of them were in order.

Losers lose and winners win. Manning = Loser. Brady = Winner.

jdl22
01-16-2005, 08:34 PM
Clark, just making sure you are still paying attention to the game. Pats fans are chanting MVP with Peyton out there. It's pretty great.

Clarkmeister
01-16-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Clark, just making sure you are still paying attention to the game. Pats fans are chanting MVP with Peyton out there. It's pretty great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the morons who'd rather have Manning than Brady can shove it. Why is it even a debate again?

Messy Harry
01-16-2005, 08:39 PM
A liar indeed.

jdl22
01-16-2005, 08:41 PM
A final pick and more head shaking.

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Tyson - Most overrated ever.

Larry Holmes in his prime whips Tyson in his prime like a $2 mule.

wonderwes
01-16-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dislike Scotty Pippen

[/ QUOTE ]

Sold. By far one of the most overrated players ever. BTW- How much does John Madden's head way? 15lbs? 20? 30???

zephed56
01-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Bobby Clarke and Eric Lindros. You both suck.

Gary Bettman.

Mike Keenan.

CrazyEyez
01-16-2005, 10:28 PM
For me it used to be Kobe, and anyone was else was a DISTANT 2nd. But now that the rest of the world is finally realizing what a fraud he is, I don't feel as violent about it anymore.
Right now it's gotta be Doug Christie. What a complete jackass. What the hell does his little hand signal mean anyway? Someone should let him know that the sign language for "I love you" calls for raising the thumb along with the index and pinky fingers. He's just giving the headbanger devil sign right now.

CrazyEyez
01-16-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whats wrong with curt?

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's my reason for hating him:
A few years ago the Diamondbacks played the Padres. The Padres were a game or two out of first. Schill takes a perfect game into the 8th leading 2-0. Ben Davis (I think was a rookie) bunts for a single. Curt gets out of the inning and goes on to win 3-1. Postgame, Schilling is pissed and says "I thought you were supposed to earn your way on base late in a perfect game or no-hitter." Brenly calls it "chicken-sh!t." Mark Grace kinda sorta defends the bunt, but says he never would have tried it himself.

Padres get a guy on which brings the tying run to the plate in the midst of a division race. You get on base any way you can. Fcuk the "unwritten rules." Here's an idea Curt - try earning the perfect game instead of whining that it wasn't handed to you on a platter, you selfish pr!ck.

lapoker17
01-16-2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah - His reaction to that was retarded. I also thought the Ben Davis bunt there was hilarious.

Vince Young
01-16-2005, 11:11 PM
I hate Jeff Gordon, Derek Jeter, Tracy McGrady, and most of all, Bob Stoops.

Clarkmeister
01-16-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now see, I like Jeff Gordon. Why? Because all the redneck NASCAR fans hate him. I figure if they hate him, he must be alright. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CrazyEyez
01-16-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now see, I like Jeff Gordon. Why? Because all the redneck NASCAR fans hate him. I figure if they hate him, he must be alright. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I love it. Once in awhile I throw out this line to a friend of mine who's into NASCAR: "Which guy is your guy again? Jeff Gordon?"
It's fun watching his blood boil.
And yes that friend is a redneck. I'm embarassed to know him.

etizzle
01-16-2005, 11:19 PM
You're an idiot. TO talks [censored] and backs it up. Randy Moss is a jackass that doesnt respect his own teammates.

ThaSaltCracka
01-16-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're an idiot. TO talks [censored] and backs it up. Randy Moss is a jackass that doesnt respect his own teammates.

[/ QUOTE ] you are retarded.

thatpfunk
01-17-2005, 01:15 AM
No he is completely correct. TO blocks downfield, plays hard every play, and lays it out. He walked off the field with a broken leg!

Moss doesn't give a [censored] and "plays when he wants to."

andyfox
01-17-2005, 01:28 AM
"Jeter - C'mon, he's not nearly *that* good. Intangibles my ass."

What, no heart? /images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm glad to see you're coming around.

Jeter's average numbers:
607 AB
115 Runs
191 Hits
31 Doubles
5 Triples
17 Home Runs
76 RBI
.315 BA
22 SB (6 CS)
.385 OBP
.463 Slugging Pct.

And the team hasn't done badly since he came up.

He's never won an MVP award, because he hasn't been the best player in the league and it's been recognized that he hasn't been (although Bill James says he was in 1999). Sop I don't think he's overrated. But he's a damn good player.

As for Phold, I love him. I mean who you gonna root for, Vijay? Appleby/Allenby? Shigeki's my favorite (even though maybe we need to call him "Phold" after today's performance), but Phil's a close second.

Karl Malone, up until last year, missed about 14 games in 18 years due to injury. He took care of himself and gave his all every minute of every game. He's a big jerk off the court, but there are a lot of people we could say that about.

Bobby Knight is the one I most agree with you on. A completely disgraceful human being.

Which Manning were you referring to? I believe your description fits all three. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

While we're at it, let's cut a few heroes down to size: friend of mine was playing golf at the Olympic Club in San Francisco and one of his foursome made a hole-in-one. Willie Mays was in the group behind, so he waited for him on the 18th green and told Mays that he was his boyhood hero and this was the greatest day of his life on the golf course, he'd be honored if Mays would sign the scorecard. Mays said nothing, took the card, scribbled all over it, and walked off.

Nice.

Edge34
01-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Moss must've wanted to when he scored the pre-moon TD on a severely sprained ankle. Right?

TO was sitting in the luxury box because it must've been too cold for his prima donna ass. 84 would've been on the sidelines with his boys if he was too hurt to play.

andyfox
01-17-2005, 01:31 AM
He doesn't qualify as being as popular as most of those on your list, but it will take a long, hard search to find a bigger dick than Latrell Spreewell.

Edge34
01-17-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the morons who'd rather have Manning than Brady can shove it. Why is it even a debate again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Manning is better than Brady in just about every statistical category out there. Put Manning in the Pats system with their D and they'd never lose a game.

Certainly not to the bottom-feeding Dolphins on MNF, at least.

All the morons who think Brady's the next coming of Montana need to realize football's a team game and its their monster D that keeps them in games. Brady just keeps the ship together competently enough.

andyfox
01-17-2005, 01:40 AM
My list, by sport:

Baseball: Tommy Lasorda, with honorable mention to Pete Rose
Basketball: Latrell Sprewell, with honorable mention to Bobby Knight
Football: Randy Moss
Golf: Lee Trevino
Hockey: Everyone
Auto Racing: Everyone
Boxing: Everyone
Tennis: Richard Williams

Clarkmeister
01-17-2005, 01:41 AM
Quality list. Though I'm inclined to give somewhat of a pass to Richard Williams because despite all the flack he used to get, his girls turned out to be great players and seemingly even better people.

brassnuts
01-17-2005, 01:45 AM
I have to agree. TO is a big a-hole, but he's still the sh!t. While he's the cockiest player, he also has the most ability and still tries very hard. I like him.

Clarkmeister
01-17-2005, 01:50 AM
TO most certainly is not even in Randy Moss' league in terms of ability. Work ethic, effort, yes. Ability, no. Randy is alone by himself in that gap between Jerry Rice and Everyone Else.

andyfox
01-17-2005, 02:09 AM
It's that friggin' video camera that gets me.

But you're right, the girls seem to have character that's lacking in a lot of other tennis players. Like Mutt Mantle, he recognized early on what he had, and dedicated himself to making them the best they could be. And certainly they turned out better than Mickey.

brassnuts
01-17-2005, 02:13 AM
You're right. Moss has more talent that TO, but I don't believe Moss is as far ahead as everyone thinks he is.

eric5148
01-17-2005, 02:14 AM
Golf is the only sport I watch closely, so here's my rundown on the people mentioned so far:

Strange: total prick. It's so funny how Mike Tirico makes fun of him on TV for being so thick. Worst TV golf commentator.

Mickelson: Thinks he $hits vanilla ice cream. I hate how everyone feels sorry for him because he didn't win a major until last year. Phil is an OVERachiever. He plays golf to entertain himself and to hit cool flop shots, not to win.

Singh: He's not an outgoing friendly guy, but he works his ass off more than anyone in the history of the game.

But the three of these combined are nothing compared to Dottie Pepper. If you've ever watched her play, she literally screams at her ball after every shot. She basically walks around and snaps at anything that moves. I wouldn't be sad at all if she got run over by a tractor.

edit: I forgot Monty. I don't think he's that bad a guy, but the way he looks at people, I can't blame them for disliking him.

rusellmj
01-17-2005, 03:03 AM
Farve: Agreed. Repeats the same mistakes year after year and expects different results. Press writes it off as "he's sucha competitor" though.
I dunno why John Elway is getting a bad rap. He was my favorite all time player so I guess I'm biased.
I'm not a Gordon fan per se but I can recognize the best race car driver in the world when I see him. Schumacher fans go hide yourself.
Tyson: probably the most overrated athlete in history. Like Kurn said, he would have been pwned and then tea bagged by Larry Holmes.
Golf: Who Fu@#%in cares.
I have no idea why the above is a link.
Oh yeah, Randy Moss: complete douchebag.
The NBA: The opitime of what's wrong with professional sports.

Losing all
01-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Chelios and Hull. As a die hard wings fan I hate seeing guys I loved to hate wearing the uni. Maybe that POS Illitch can sign Doug Gilbert and Roenick too really piss me off.

I always liked McGwire, until 98. He tried to come off as the anti-primadonna, but he was such a little bitch about the fans wanting something for the balls. I believe they were "holding the game hostage" or some such sh!t. What a clown shoe

adios
01-17-2005, 10:13 AM
For guys I dislike it's more or less how they come off as people and Manning doesn't seem like a bad guy to me so I can't say I really harbor any dislike. Ditto for Jeter. Pete Rose is an example of someone how I think is a big time jerk. Put Tyson in there with him. Perhaps it's more that you feel these guys are over hyped and over rated.

andyfox
01-17-2005, 12:59 PM
"I have no idea why the above is a link."

Because of the @.

Eclypse
01-17-2005, 01:22 PM
It's not Brett Favre's fault that the media slobbers on him or that they took it easy on his addiction. He himself has done nothing to make me dislike him. Manning hasn't either, I guess, but he's a post-season loser for sure.

The rest of your list is right-on. I especially agree with the Earnhart, Malone and Knight listings.

SomethingClever
01-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Karl Malone - Already discussed in detail.

Shaq - OMFG I hate him. I think his entry into the league has degraded the overall quality of play greatly. Sure, I like dunks, but I want to see good shooting, passing and fast-break basketball too.

Rick Fox - Looks like a child molestor.

A-Rod - Total douche.

Roger Clemens - Also a douche.

Wince Carter - Quit being such a baby.

Paul Allen - Everyone seems to think he's a great owner because he's rich and willing to spend money. Wrong. Nobody in the league overpays flawed players like him.

Raider Fans - Sad.

David Stern - Just seems like a weasel. Always has.

Aeneas Willaims - Killed teams I was rooting for too many times. Jerk.

Dantes
01-17-2005, 01:31 PM
bud selig