PDA

View Full Version : anybody have a WLLH Preflop chart?

Joe B.
01-13-2005, 01:39 AM
anybody have a WLLH Preflop chart that they did?

i have the book, but i think it will be easier for me to use until i get memorize it when i am playing...

if not i just make one myself using excel...i tought i ask first

thanks

yeltzen
01-13-2005, 01:48 AM
Eh, sorta.
Might not be quite what you're looking for. It's at the bottom.

http://yeltzen.com/poker/holdeml1.html

Joe B.
01-13-2005, 01:55 AM
thanks is it based on WLLH book?

because i am reading that book first

yeltzen
01-13-2005, 01:58 AM
Yep, it's based on WLLH.
It's actually a little tighter than Jones' recommendations in that I excluded a lot of suited "one-gaps" like 97s or 68s. Everything else is pretty much identical.

Joe B.
01-13-2005, 02:02 AM
thanks so much

nice web site...i bookmark it too

yeltzen
01-13-2005, 02:05 AM
No problem.
And thanks, I just started it last week. There'll be more once I stop being lazy.

Joe B.
01-13-2005, 02:07 AM
cool
can i make a suggestion

when u add more...maybe go more in depth with more card examples for every section in WLLH..

i think this will help the new players and when they reread WLLH, it will make more sense and be more clear..

thanks

Spladle Master
01-13-2005, 02:10 AM
I don't mean to nit-pick, but it's not just tighter. It's a weaker strategy overall. And WLLH's isn't remarkably strong to begin with.

yeltzen
01-13-2005, 02:15 AM
Okay.

jdl22
01-13-2005, 05:17 AM
Just went to your site. First thing I saw was this:
[ QUOTE ]
Anti-Social Hands: These are hands like A-A, K-K, Q-Q, J-J, 10-10, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, and A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif (i.e. unsuited or "off suit"). I call these hands "anti-social" because you don't want lots of players playing with you. Instead, you'd like to go into the flop with 1 or 2 players at the most. With A-A through Q-Q, you're likely to have the best hand without improving. With J-J and 10-10, you may need inprovement, but you may not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this, in particular with aces. At least aces are "apathetic." I think as do many others that your EV with aces increases with every player. Sure you will get sucked out more often but you will also win more when your AA hold up. Kings also don't mind a crowd, I would put them in the don't care column for lower limit games. As for the other pairs, they should probably be in a category you don't list - they like to be either heads up or have a lot of people seeing the flop. As noted in HPFAP the worst case is probably 4 or 5 players to the flop. Basically heads up is good because your pair is a big favorite over most hands, loads of players works due to set value.

Rudbaeck
01-13-2005, 07:54 AM
If I raise AA UTG the optimal number of callers is 9.

yeltzen
01-13-2005, 08:39 AM
Awesome!
My goal is to lose the most money, though. You guys might be trying to win the most money. Please keep this in mind.