PDA

View Full Version : KTo MP

Ptolemy
01-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

This was a completely read based play, I'd normally fold this here. However, both SB and BB were extremely loose preflop. My attempt with the raise was to isolate the blinds and outplay them on the flop, something that was being done successfully by other decent players at the table. In hind sight I'm not too sure of this play from such an early position with three to act and MP3 capable of cold calling, but with the poster and a tight button I made the play. It accomplished what I wanted.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero...

Good flop, two pair on the turn and then a bet and raise. Both are capable of any two cards and running with them. How should I have proceeded?

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-13-2005, 01:01 AM
Preflop is marginal at best but if you're gonna play it, ok.

I vote for 3-betting the turn.

TwoShedsJackson
01-13-2005, 06:04 AM
Another vote for a turn 3-bet.

Wario
01-13-2005, 06:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Both are capable of any two cards and running with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes it more likely they have some junk two pair.

3-bet the turn.

Ptolemy
01-13-2005, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the advice helping me justify my actions. I took the same line of thinking and 3-bet.

It was of course capped and called by the SB and BB. The river came a blank and I called SB's bet and BB's call and was shown AQs and Q9o respectively for the ever popular 3rd best hand. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
01-13-2005, 08:14 AM
3 bets.

Verdi
01-13-2005, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the advice helping me justify my actions. I took the same line of thinking and 3-bet.

It was of course capped and called by the SB and BB. The river came a blank and I called SB's bet and BB's call and was shown AQs and Q9o respectively for the ever popular 3rd best hand. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, as I wrote in another thread. If you have two high pairs and there is a third high card on the board you will want to watch out for those straights. I've lost two pairs aces and queens to a straight more than a couple of times to KJ with a 10 on the board...

But obviously this won't happen every time. I would call as I could well be beat here. No reason to feed the other guy. I might be a bit on the passive side but when I suspect I'm beat I will slow down and try to go to showdown and then use that to make a read of the other guy so I'll know what to do next time.

Some players are very loose preflop and on the flop but they will usually fold on the turn. This guy didn't.