PDA

View Full Version : Experimenting with something I usually don't do

edge
01-13-2005, 12:21 AM
0.50/1 5-handed

I'm BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif3:heart and 140 behind. UTG minraises to 2, the table coldcalls to me, I call.

5 to the flop of 9/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/heart.gif (Pot: 10)

SB checks, I bet 8, UTG folds, CO calls (this hand came in the first or second orbit, and I had no notes on this guy, but 100 hands in PT, and he showed 35/4 preflop), everyone else folds.

Turn 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif (Pot 26)

I bet 20, he minraises to 40, I call it.

River 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (Pot 106)

I check.

I usually check/call or checkraise that flop, but with five players in, I tried betting out for value. The turn was just a basic semibluff, and I called the minraise with easy implied odds. I didn't think bluffing the river would be a good idea, as I put him on top pair+.

Seether
01-13-2005, 12:27 AM
I think you need to check the turn and release to a big bet. You dont have very big implied odds unless the guy is an idiot. The flush comming is very visible and you likely wont get paid off.

Also if you insist on semibluffing the turn I think something less than a potsize bet is warranted, you might be able to get away with a 1/2 pot size bet which if min raised would give you the effective odds to draw to your flush.

AnyutaDva
01-13-2005, 02:16 AM
I hate the bet on the flop. In second spot of a five handed coup, it makes it so hard to play the turn. You are going to be out of position, you have made the pot bigger, and assuming you miss the flush draw there are very few good ways to play the turn. Also the bet on the flop is unlikely to win you the hand there and then in many 5 handed games on that site. If you want to check raise a LAG with this hand and believe you have reasonable folding equity that is something else.