PDA

View Full Version : AQs against reraise from BB

smiely
01-12-2005, 11:41 PM
So, I've started going over some of my overall losing hands in PT and playing them back, trying to figure out where I went wrong. I feel like I made mistakes here, but I'm not sure where...

BB is loose-aggressive preflop, pretty passive postflop (vpip 86.96 prf 28.26 tot-a 1.29 over 46 hands)

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.20 BB

I don't feel so good about my flop raise. I'm also not 100% sure about capping preflop, but that could just be my occasional weak-tightness which my 'poker coach' is trying to train me out of making me question it. Other than that... not sure where I went wrong, or even if I really did. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Shillx
01-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Preflop seems okay since the BB is a maniac. If he is quick to raise but will rarely 3-bet then I wouldn't cap 4-way. This whole hand looks okay to me. This guy could have just about anything if he will 3-bet a lot of hands PF. Can't give him credit for AK.

Brad

wrto4556
01-12-2005, 11:57 PM
You said he was passive post-flop. He three bet you. I think a fold on the turn would have been good. Capping before the flop is a must.

jar
01-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Well, you posted this to get advice from people other than just me, but here's how I see it.

Preflop, I think the cap is good, because of the read.

Flop, I think the raise is fine, you could be ahead of 99-JJ or something like QJs. Also, you'll probably slow down a weak king and showdown cheap. Once you get 3-bet, I'm 95% sure you're drawing.

I think the turn call is right. You have 4 outs to broadway, plus the 2 remaining Qs unless BB has a set. If the BB has AA or AK, the Qs are winners and broadway is a chop. if he has KK, QQ, or 55, the queens are either useless or unavailable, but the broadway outs are good. I think this works out to 4 outs, so 12-1 is worth calling.

I want to fold the river, but the pot is so big that it's hard.
[edit: by it's hard, I mean you really can't do it]