PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Situation - Blinds High

TomCollins
01-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Situation, 3 players, 1 very tight, 1 average, and 1 loose.
4 players, 3 get paid. $100 Party Tournament.

You are about even with the 2 other tighter players (2k). The loose player has 4k
Seating is as follows: SB-average player, BB- loose player, UTG-tight player, you button.

You have 33. Tight UTG folds. Blinds are 100/200. You..

scotty34
01-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Why is there no Raise 3-4xBB option or similar? Not to say its necessarily the correct play, but its still an option as you are not quite under 10BB yet.

adanthar
01-13-2005, 12:43 AM
Just an FYI: pushing is a crime against humanity unless you reaaaaallllly want to get called by the loose guy's pocket fours.

I voted raise minimum but the real answer is that it's probably close between raising 2.5x and limping.

schwah
01-13-2005, 12:56 AM
if the BB is weak/loose i'll probably limp. if he is loose/aggressive i will fold.

stinkypete
01-13-2005, 01:49 AM
i'd rather have 32o.

TomCollins
01-13-2005, 11:17 AM
In my expirience in those situations, you will have one of three results if you raise 2.5-3BB. 1) Everyone folds. 2) You are reraised and must fold, having lost 40% of your stack. 3) They call your limp, and you face 3 overcards on the flop with the caller likely betting out. If he missed, he still has a ton of outs if I call. And any pair beats me but deuces.

I also notice at this level, a minraise usually does just as good since no one wants to risk too many chips on a marginal hand.

I played way too aggressive and pushed. I got called by AQ on the big stack and busted when an ace hit.

I think that I play a bit too reckless at 4 handed, as medium stacks will routinely call me with marginal hands. Not that AQ is marginal here, but I wouldn't be surprised if a low stack called me with A5o.

pastabatman
01-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Limp, fold to re-raise. If miss flop, check & fold, unless checked to me, in which case I raise the pot. If I'm really sure BB will re-raise preflop or that he'll raise after the flop no matter what, I fold.

Does that suck? Hard to give up PP on the button if I can limp.

asofel
01-13-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd rather have 32o.

[/ QUOTE ]

have a sec to explain the evidently obvious reasons behind this? (i have thoughts just want to see if i'm missing something here...)