PDA

View Full Version : I think I blew it here with KQo

GrunchCan
01-12-2005, 10:23 PM
...but I'm not sure. So you tell me.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...

milesdyson
01-12-2005, 10:27 PM
I raise preflop, but I don't play 2/4, so I can see why you're just calling. Honestly, I don't know how to play this, but I think check calling the turn and river heads up have merits. I love to check call by the way, but I'm afraid of AQ, KK, AA, and I want AK to keep betting.

kenberman
01-12-2005, 10:30 PM
did everyone fold when you bet the turn?
I think leading out scream "Q"

GrunchCan
01-12-2005, 10:36 PM
That's one way I think I blew it. There are other ways, too.

Entity
01-12-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's one way I think I blew it. There are other ways, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think not raising preflop with a poster in MP1 is bad, especially 8-handed, but meh, if you want to limp it I guess it's not a big deal.

Against a PFR, I don't like your flop call. What are your outs?

Once you get to the turn, I'd definitely check the turn and let him bet again, and I'd bet the river. You're HU, and once you hit a piece I think adopting the way-ahead-way-behind line is good.

Rob

KingOtter
01-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Perhaps a check-raise would be in better order? Button is pre-flop raiser and you're next to act after him. Would limit the field with a TPGK.

KO

milesdyson
01-12-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps a check-raise would be in better order? Button is pre-flop raiser and you're next to act after him. Would limit the field with a TPGK.

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

Field = Hero + Villain

KingOtter
01-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Doh... heh... /images/graemlins/smile.gif Well then maybe that would win it outright when the button tosses his AK.

KO

Shillx
01-12-2005, 11:22 PM
This hand is just dirty. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Raise preflop. Fold the flop. Check and call the turn.

Brad

KingOtter
01-12-2005, 11:25 PM
I think I'd probably raise pre-flop, bet the flop, check/fold turn unimproved, but since I am improved I'd bet.

KO

Shillx
01-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Betting the turn is the wrong play in this spot (as the hand wen't down). It is hard to say what we should do if we raised preflop, because we don't know if the guy will 3-bet us preflop.

As it went down, there is no benefit in betting the turn. We have 2-5 outs if we are behind, and we have him drawing to just 2-3 if we are ahead. Either way, no one will likely draw out of anyone else AND our hand has showdown value (top pair). If we bet the turn, and he folds a hand like AK/TT how does that help us if he will bet the turn if we check to him? Notice that the pot is small, so we don't want him to fold if he is drawing thin. If he outdraws us in this pot, so be it. It is worth letting him bet the worst hand rather then folding out a hand that has a slim chance of winning. If the pot were 20 BB and he would fold TT to the turn bet, then we should indeed bet. If we bet and he has AA and raises, we just charge ourself more to goto a showdown. The correct play is check/calling the turn and betting the river.

Brad

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-13-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise preflop. Fold the flop. Check and call the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean raise preflop and BET the flop.

Shillx
01-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Well no I mean fold the flop in this example (where he just called preflop). I dunno if I would bet the flop after I raise preflop, because we might get 3-bet. If we raise preflop and don't get 3-bet, then yes bet the flop.

GrunchCan
01-13-2005, 12:51 AM
I think you and shill got 'em all.

I actually gave myself 6 outs on the flop, seeing as how my sole opponent had a random hand (eg, posted PF and did not raise). Even with discounts, I think my hand - over 1,000,000 iterations in this spot - is worth a good 5+ outs. Odds dictate that I play.

I'm wondering about PF against a poster. How does that effect my play? If I raise, it's unlikely that they will fold. Do I really want to raise KQo in a very early position when the chance of a multiway pot is increased? I'm not sure...

Shillx
01-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Haha so you don't want a poster to call you with a random hand when you hold KQo? Will you raise KQo in the SB when it is folded to you?

Sup Bro?

Brad

GrunchCan
01-13-2005, 12:59 AM
Yea, I dunno.

I was actually more concerned about the rest of the field coming along in a big pot. I do want to get as many bets in against a random hand as possible; especially if he gets stuck to the pot. But I don't want a whole field stuck to the pot. Know what I mean?

I may be overthinking the whole thing.