PDA

View Full Version : Too weak ?

stonecold
01-12-2005, 09:35 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 12 BB

No reads, i feel that i really have been lacking agg lately is this onr of those moments i should be willing to put in one or two more raises against him ?

stonecold
01-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

This guy is bad he will cap high card ace on the flop does this play make sence or should i have called it down ?

tongni
01-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Hand 1: Good, but you could probably sneak in a turn raise if you know he'll go crazy on the flop with any A/flush draw.

Hand 2: Might as well just call it down. No need to give a ton of action with A high, and yes, pop the river.

stonecold
01-12-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: Might as well just call it down. No need to give a ton of action with A high, and yes, pop the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i was actually going for a free card, but that may have been bad too. giving him a free card ? that is if i think im ahead ?

Danenania
01-12-2005, 10:19 PM
I would raise the turn in hand 1 without a read, call down a 3-bet.

Hand 2, I may be unique but I hardly ever raise the flop here. This bet is an attempt to pick a fight and I'm not interested. I will often just call it down. I'm not a huge fan of your raise on the river after the flop action but it can be right against some.

Danenania
01-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Taking the free card would have been fine (then calling a river bet) but I seem to get 3-bet or stop n' goed a high percentage of the time when they lead into me on a flop like that so I don't bother.

MrFeelNothin
01-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I think you went into check/call mode way too early on Hand 1. I think him capping the flop almost guarantees you are ahead, as most people would play a flopped full or AK here a little slower (also no 3bet preflop makes me less afraid of ak). I wouldn't mind waiting until the river to raise in order to not let him get away if he is trying to push a pocket pair or 9 or straight bluff. Turn raise is fine too, as he could often be pushing a flush draw here and you could get 3bet by lower trips. So yeah, raise either the turn or the river here is a must. I feel I am ahead here waaaay often. Too often in these situations you won't get any action. Now you got the action you want, make him pay.

Hand 2 is fine, I raise this flop too, partly for a free card and partly because I am often still ahead. Depends on the opponent, against the opponent described I definitely think I am ahead but with a shaky hand I want to be in control. The river raise is definitely good.