PDA

View Full Version : 100NL Free card gives me the set

Seether
01-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Villain in the hand is fairly aggressive both preflop and post flop. His flop check seemed very suspect to me as he almost always bets out the flop when he raises preflop. My bet on the turn was a feeler bet, I had a feeling that I was way ahead/way behind in this situation. When he reraised I felt he could have AA/KK/AK, maybe QQ if he was getting fiesty. Anyways I just called to see what the river would bring, planning to lead out to maximize when I am ahead and minimze when he has KK. How was my thinking on this line?

When the river came I threw out the chance that he had KK and decided I would give my stack if he had quads. I changed my read to AK, which I felt would definantly value bet this river. Should I have led out anyways like my original plan?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 ($112)
MP3 ($99.65)
CO ($518.7)
Button ($218.8)
SB ($44)
BB ($197.65)
UTG ($65.5)
UTG+1 ($245.35)
Hero ($125.2)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls $2, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $6</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($15) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($15) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $20.

River: ($75) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $75

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Free river gives you less money. I would lead out. There is too much of a chance he will check behind, and he will call you here most of the time w/ a worse hand. Why not just reraise him on the turn?

Seether
01-12-2005, 09:15 PM
This person's play was just really fishy (not bad poker fish like) but it just didnt feel right. He is a person that likes to trap people and I consider him a fairly solid player other than having a few leaks. So when he checked the flop it was almost screaming KK. Maybe im just seeing monsters but he is a person that would play his KK the same way on a flop like that.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
01-12-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This person's play was just really fishy (not bad poker fish like) but it just didnt feel right. He is a person that likes to trap people and I consider him a fairly solid player other than having a few leaks. So when he checked the flop it was almost screaming KK. Maybe im just seeing monsters but he is a person that would play his KK the same way on a flop like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Making super reads like this will cost you in the end. Especially in this limit.

Whatd he have? busted draw?

Seether
01-12-2005, 09:24 PM
AA

Seether
01-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Anyone else have any comments? Not trying to take anything away from the other poster but I like hearing opinions from people who might have different play styles.

booger
01-12-2005, 11:48 PM
i want all my chips in after the turn set everytime. i wouldn't give anyone free cards if I had AA and probably would've bet 12 on that flop.