PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2006 (Germany)

partygirluk
01-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Anyone else planning to go?

Boris
01-12-2005, 08:02 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmm...........

no

The once and future king
01-12-2005, 08:05 PM
Not yet.

What ever was at stake, cant plan a whole year in advance.

Ed Miller
01-12-2005, 08:30 PM

I'm going. The USA had better qualify, though, or else I'll look even stupider with my head shaved and painted red, white, and blue.

fnord_too
01-12-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm going. The USA had better qualify, though, or else I'll look even stupider with my head shaved and painted red, white, and blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that would make a great cover for one of your upcoming books.

Bez
01-12-2005, 08:55 PM
I hope Sven doesn't go, what a loser.

Corey
01-12-2005, 08:57 PM
I agree with Ed, though I'm a little more conservative and will probably wait to see if the US qualifies and get one of the travel packages through US Soccer. I love soccer, I love the World Cup, but not enough to go over to see South Korea play Uruguay.

This will be my second world cup, though the first in 1994 was nearby and I was 13 so I don't know if it counts.

DangerGoodson
01-12-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm in if the U.S. is in.....

La Brujita
01-12-2005, 09:45 PM
I will try to go. Huge US fan as well.

pudley4
01-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Still planning on going

mmcd
01-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Do you expect there to be decent riots this year?

PhatTBoll
01-12-2005, 10:47 PM
My brother and I had some discussion about possibly going when I saw him over Christmas. The thing is I'm incredibly poor and it's a lot of money. So if anybody knows of some kind of really cheap plan or package for going over there, go ahead and spill it here.

MEbenhoe
01-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Well I've always wanted to see Germany and I think the World Cup is such a great sporting event that even a non-soccer fan can enjoy it. So if the US is in and my financial situation leading up to it is such that it allows me to go I'm there. However having the extra money around to allow me to go on this trip is a big IF.

Aces McGee
01-13-2005, 02:25 AM
Tentatively, yes.

I say tentatively because my idiot roommate scheduled his goddamn wedding for June of 2006, and I have to figure out if the schedules work.

-McGee

Robk
01-13-2005, 02:55 AM
ill be there

us or no us

jdl22
01-13-2005, 03:21 AM
I'll be there if I have a good poker year this year. If this happens I'll offer anybody who is a NPA a free night of drinking at the Hoffbrau House.

Skjonne
01-13-2005, 04:42 AM
Bez, I like your avatar!

meHIGHyouLOW
01-13-2005, 05:03 AM
Im in for sure. And if Finland goes through qualification im going to buy everyone from this forum a beer or two. Too bad chances are slim /images/graemlins/frown.gif

partygirluk
01-13-2005, 06:06 AM
Dude, there will be a bunch of English fans who flew over on cheap flights, in Germany.

The riots will be awesome!

partygirluk
01-13-2005, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You will just have to choose another team to support. Thankfully you have many options.

i) Generic UK teams supporter
ii) Norway
iii) Puerto Rico
iv) Liberia
v) Iceland
vi) erm, Burma
vii) Australia
viii) Cambodia
iv) France

and a few others.

srvollmer
01-13-2005, 10:47 AM
I really really want to go. I have a friend in Frankfurt that I can stay with. The only problem is that I don't kow how to get tickets...

Anyone care to shed some light on this?
Thanks!

Sheriff Fatman
01-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Officially - They'll go on sale via the web before the matches are known (so you take pot luck on who you watch). Some will then be reserved for the Football Associations of the teams actually involved in the matches and these will normally be sold via their supporters clubs.

Unofficially - Half of the tickets for the matches will be available from touts on the day of the match at stupid prices. Despite all the warnings of ID matching the name on the ticket being required for entry Frau Irmgard Mueller, a 6'5" bearded Glaswegian, will still have no problems getting into the ground.

I'm planning to be there, although probably watching random teams play as I've done at previous World Cups and European Championships.

Sheriff

srvollmer
01-13-2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks Sheriff. I appreciate your information.

Sheriff Fatman
01-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Looks like they go on sale on 1 February via www.fifaworldcup.com (http://www.fifaworldcup.com)

Sheriff

Tosh
01-13-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Ed, though I'm a little more conservative and will probably wait to see if the US qualifies and get one of the travel packages through US Soccer. I love soccer, I love the World Cup, but not enough to go over to see South Korea play Uruguay.

This will be my second world cup, though the first in 1994 was nearby and I was 13 so I don't know if it counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your avatar owns, we was robbed I tells you!

wayabvpar
01-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Can't get to Germany, but will follow it breathlessly. in 2002 I set my alarm to wake up in the middle of the night so I could watch the US games live; will likely do the same this time around. Hopefully they can make another deep run. I wonder if Freddie Adu will be old enough/good enough by then to make the national team?

Ed Miller
01-13-2005, 02:44 PM

Dude, do you know how big they make their beers in Germany? Like this:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |D
| |
| |
| |
|________|
</pre><hr />

By the time you finish your first one, you won't be nearly so concerned about whether the US qualified or not...

partygirluk
01-13-2005, 03:19 PM
+ have you seen German chicks. They are like this hot:

Very.

Michael Davis
01-13-2005, 04:24 PM
I'll be there.

-Michael

HesseJam
01-26-2005, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
+ have you seen German chicks. They are like this hot:

Very.

[/ QUOTE ]
... and easy.

cockandbull
01-26-2005, 07:43 AM
dude, why are you drawing a half pint glass?

mosta
01-26-2005, 10:29 AM
a friend and I are going to try to make a trip. I haven't paid attention to qualifying at all. if I'm going I'd definitely like to see at least one of: Nigeria, Brazil (father's place of origin), England, or France (assuming Viera, Henri, Zidane). I guess Nigeria would be my best bet. Are they every going to get it together to play as a team as big as their talent? (One of my fondest soccer memories is a blistering half hour or so in the middle of Nigeria-Spain 1998. But the 'you score 5, we'll score 6 attitude' just can't go very far at the top level.')