PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre Grants Wish To Local Sick Boy

Wake up CALL
01-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Favre (http://www.nbc5i.com/sports/4075391/detail.html)

Well it is a good thing he did this, the <font color="red"> Swami </font> doesn't see any more games in Favre's future.

AngryCola
01-12-2005, 06:23 PM
How nice of him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him next season. I'm pretty sure he has one season left in him.

He's threatened to retire about 4 times now.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-12-2005, 06:25 PM
It looks to me as if it was the season ticket holder who granted the kid's wish, not Favre. I'm glad the almighty Bret Favre was able to make such a sacrifice to his daily life as to meet the kid while he was there. What a man, indeed.

AngryCola
01-12-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It looks to me as if it was the season ticket holder who granted the kid's wish, not Favre.

[/ QUOTE ]

:nods:

Although, it might not have gotten the attention that it did without his knowing about it.

lapoker17
01-12-2005, 06:26 PM
I can't believe a season ticket holder gave up his tickets and FF miles for this. Why didn't the Packers or Favre pay for/take care of everything?

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-12-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe a season ticket holder gave up his tickets and FF miles for this. Why didn't the Packers or Favre pay for/take care of everything?

[/ QUOTE ]
No kidding.

AngryCola
01-12-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Farve would have.
The problem is those tickets are sold out well in advance.

lapoker17
01-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Dude - The Packers can get tickets to their own games.

AngryCola
01-12-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see how you can back this up with.. oh.. I don't know.. say.. facts. Let me see your facts which show Farve was able to buy a ticket (not from a scalper) when he found out about this whole thing.

Actually... don't. I'm no longer interested in this topic.

Jeez..the things people piss on.

lapoker17
01-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Ummm, it's kind of like the same way Deniro can get a table when a restaurant is booked - You wouldn't think it possible, but suddenly, almost magically, a table opens up.

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ummm, it's kind of like the same way Deniro can get a table when a restaurant is booked - You wouldn't think it possible, but suddenly, almost magically, a table opens up.

[/ QUOTE ]so what your saying is the Packers would have used magic to find some tickets for the only playoff game likely to be in GB this year?

lapoker17
01-12-2005, 06:38 PM
something like that

bosoxfan
01-12-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe a season ticket holder gave up his tickets

[/ QUOTE ]

He knew what was going to happen.

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 06:41 PM
LMAO, you are a good sport man. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

lapoker17
01-12-2005, 06:43 PM
You're reading that sentence with the wrong inflection and therefore misinterpreted it.

Ulysses
01-12-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that people are disputing this statement is hilarious.

lapoker17
01-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Thank you.

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I think getting them at the last minute might be kind of hard though.

AngryCola
01-12-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well. I have yet to hear anyone give anything other than their "opinion" that my position is wrong.

If someone gives me more... I'll gladly admit I was wrong.

I'm just tired of people finding things to nitpick about.

"Oh, here's a neat little story, now let me find a way to pick it apart and discover it's flaws."

That kind of attitude is everywhere.

AngryCola
01-12-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think getting them at the last minute might be kind of hard though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is. That was my only point.

In fact, what am I doing in this thread? I said I was gone. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

nolanfan34
01-12-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. No game is ever truly sold out. Ticket offices always have emergency seats in case of problems with season ticket holders, front office guests, etc.

Wake up CALL
01-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Here is a good article regarding tickets Sold out? (http://www.freep.com/sports/othersports/tix13_20040713.htm)

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. No game is ever truly sold out. Ticket offices always have emergency seats in case of problems with season ticket holders, front office guests, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]well thank you for pointing that out, I did not know this.

AngryCola
01-12-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well thank you for pointing that out, I did not know this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may have to admit I was wrong here. But I still think we need to know more specifics about the situation the OP was talking about.

Again, I'm just tired of people coming down on anything and everything.

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 07:02 PM
yeah, I think you are wrong here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oh well man. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

AngryCola
01-12-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, I think you are wrong here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oh well man. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't be the first time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

At least I'll admit it. Some people on these forums would die before they ever did that.

lapoker17
01-12-2005, 07:05 PM
I'd just like to admit that I wasn't wrong.

AngryCola
01-12-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See what I mean?

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 07:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]but does that really matter?

lapoker17
01-12-2005, 07:07 PM
It was a joke man, relax. I didn't mean to tear apart the OP's point - It just seemed kind of odd that the Packers wouldn't handle this themselves.

Never wanted to be a dick.

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 07:07 PM
dude, once you get 10k post, you don't have to admit anything.

Me=never wrong.

note: this does not mean I am always right, but it does mean I am never wrong, but if the rare case comes up in which I may be wrong, one thing I know is that I am less wrong than the other person.

AngryCola
01-12-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was a joke man, relax.

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Okay, I guess I could try that next time. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

AngryCola
01-12-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dude, once you get 10k post, you don't have to admit anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming I'll get that many.

Eh.. maybe I will. I have almost gotten to Pooh-Bah at quite a fast pace.

[ QUOTE ]
note: this does not mean I am always right, but it does mean I am never wrong, but if the rare case comes up in which I may be wrong, one thing I know is that I am less wrong than the other person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 07:12 PM
I have actually told someone he was more wrong than me , after an argument in which both of us were completely wrong, haha, what a great line.

Zoltri
01-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Im not trying to defend the Packers or Favre but they probably get hundreds of requests every week.

Still, you would think these fat cats (Farve included) would come to the table and help the kid out especially when Favre brought it to their attention.

nolanfan34
01-12-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a great footnote. This is how I handle arguments with my wife as well. I might not always be right, but I'm always less wrong than she is!

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a great footnote. This is how I handle arguments with my wife as well. I might not always be right, but I'm always less wrong than she is!

[/ QUOTE ] I am thinking about getting it tatooed on my chest.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-12-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be less wrong than tattooing it on your forehead.

AngryCola
01-12-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
especially when Favre brought it to their attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I questioned how easy it was to get the tickets.

Farve wanted to help, right?
The money involved is meaningless to him.

It was just my gut reaction to think he could get the tickets if he wanted to. That's why, when I read the apparent difficulty in obtaining the tickets, I assumed it must have been really hard to get those tickets.

I don't know.. it just sort of made logical sense to me at the time.

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be less wrong than tattooing it on your forehead.

[/ QUOTE ] but more wrong than my penis?