PDA

View Full Version : MRBR for Partys 100 6 maxers

cianosheehan
01-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Hello everyone. Planning a move up to the 100's. Just wondering what bankroll is recommended for the 6 max tables at Party?

Also, how has the player quality been as of late?

Regards
-ciano

soah
01-12-2005, 06:18 PM
Players are mostly very aggressive and will go way too far with their hands. Very high variance. My worst losing stretch was -$1300. What type of bankroll you need probably depends a lot on how willing you are to move down a level when things are going bad.

warlockjd
01-12-2005, 06:21 PM
At least $2k. Maybe $2.5k while you adjust. Drop to 50's if you hit $1k

greg nice
01-12-2005, 06:22 PM
ive had -$1000 stretches as well. i would suggest 25 buy ins if you are sure you are a winning player. player quality is better than the 50s and even the worse players are more aggressive so they are more difficult to play against. soah is exactly right in 'very high variance'.

reraising your AA all in preflop wont win you buy ins like at the 50 level.

Sponger15SB
01-12-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At least $2k. Maybe $2.5k while you adjust. Drop to 50's if you hit $1k

[/ QUOTE ]

hey warlock i remember a post a while back where you say you 4 table the $100's with $2k in your account, cash out $1k when you've got $3k, and then drop to the $50's if you ever lose $1,000....

is this because you are strapped for cash in real life so you have to cash out your roll, or is this just what you like to do?

cianosheehan
01-12-2005, 07:29 PM
Just thought I would run all this by you guys, dont want to get crucified with a bad luck patch at the 100's. I used to play the NL25's, 6max, 4 tabling with a 1k BR (This BR was definately way more than enough, I would rarely drop to even 800). But before I started digging into the 25 tables, I was beating the 50's, but I thought the 25's offered rediculously loose players and taking into account the amount of all ins etc, the ABC approach to the tables, and the low risk value - losing buy ins is nothing at this level, I decided to drop to the 25's rather than continue with the 50's.

Now that I have played and played the 25's, I want to move up, but I dont really want to play the 50's, since I was beating them already. So I am willing to take the risk by jumping straight up to the 100's.

Currently my BR is around the 2k mark. I rely on poker for my income, and I actually dont get to play that much because I have other things going on. So, because I need to cash out soon (ie for everyday stuff), I dont know whether to build my BR before tackling the 100's properly, or just to play on and see what happens.

I have played a few hours of 100's so far, and so far the tables seem grand. I have started just with 1 or 2 tables.

Ideally I would like a 3k bankroll especially if I am 4-tabling.

Any advice greatly appreciated.