PDA

View Full Version : Rate my play in a 4-player NL tourney (fairly pointless, don't read)

SomethingClever
01-12-2005, 06:03 PM
This was a hilarious no-money, 4-player tourney I played in last night. Starting stacks were 100 chips; blinds began 1/2 and doubled whenever we felt like it. I pretty much played like a jerk; I mostly posted this to test whether or not I could remember these hands.

Hands of interest:

First hand of the tourney: AJo UTG. I raise 6 chips and everyone folds. I show.

Level 1: I straddle, two players call. Flop is something like J 8 3 two spades. I look and see 84o. I bet 10 chips, get one caller to my left. Turn is a Q. I bet 12 chips, he calls. River: 7 spades. I bet 10, he raises to 40, I call.

My thinking: I knew my opponent very well on this hand. I knew he thought I was FOS with the straddle and flop and turn bets. And once that flush card came out, I thought he might interpret my small bet as an attempt to not scare him off (and fold), or he might bluff over the top. I figured he had an Ace but was unimproved.

He flipped over 87o and took it down.

Level 2: Now shortstacked, I'm getting aggressive. I raise J9s UTG. Same player from the previous hand calls. Flop is J 9 7 rainbow. I bet 10, he raises to 20, I push in my remining 20 or 30 chips, and he calls. Flips over J7o. Hah!

Level 3: I've stolen a bunch of blinds with 3x BB raises. I get AKs in the CO. Short stack to my right limps, I raise to 20 (more than half his chips), the same player to my left re-raises to put the short stack all-in. Short stack calls, and I push. Player to my left thinks for about 5 minutes before finally folding AJo face up.

Me and the short stack flip our cards..... it's my AKs versus his KK. I turn a gutshot and river an A and take down a huge pile of chips.

Me and the player to my left take turns whittling down the third player's stack until he finally busts.

Last hand of the tourney:

I have KQo. Villain raises to 20 (blinds were 5/10), and I re-raise to 50. He calls.

Flop: K T 9. I bet 50, villain smooth calls.

Turn: T. I bet another 50, villain pushes in. I call.

He flips over ATo.

The river doesn't bring the K or the J, and I lose.

When we talked about this hand afterward, he mentioned that he probably would have folded the flop to a re-raise all-in. Or any bet that would have required him to count a lot of chips (like 79 or something random). We totally suck.