PDA

View Full Version : Someone on tilt is entertaining

bernie
01-12-2005, 06:01 PM
It's more entertaining when you see a guy really blowing off steam and such. Though it is usually detrimental to the table in general. It breaks up the monotany of playing.

One of the latest, more funny ones I saw was last night. A guy is sucking out on everything. Quite a run of river cards. Another guy is getting shelled. What line does he whip out?

The Mcmanus line: You're an insult to good poker players everywhere!!!

This line alone caused me to laugh a little bit it caught me off gaurd.

This was preceded by a dissertation of how bad the player was, no real specific hands, just bitching and complaining and general beration of a player.

Man, the guy was just bent. The look on his face, complete exasperation.

1st time I've heard that line live, though. Or online, for that matter. Which is amazing given all the online crap I get to see. The way it all came together, and watching this guy erupt was kind of entertaining to me. I was smiling, which kept my side of the table, with the suckout guy, smiling a bit too. He'd look at me and snicker a little. Which pissed the guy off even more.

Too funny.

Of course, later on, the guy doing the suckouts then starts bemoaning the hands he starts getting sucked out on. My fav thing to hear when playing.

Any other stories of players that just snap? Been awhile since we really heard of any.

b

MaxPower
01-12-2005, 06:09 PM
The most entertaining thing is when the guy who is seeing 60 or 70 percent of the flops starts complaining the he is constantly getting outdrawn and then starts saying that he is on tilt.

Tilters are fun, but I prefer a good natured maniac.

bernie
01-12-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tilters are fun, but I prefer a good natured maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Also the fact that when the maniac starts hitting hands, the tilt factor for the other players goes up. Seeing 1/2+ a table on tilt is kinda fun. It's even funnier when they start justifying their tilting plays to eachother as if they are playing sound strategy for the situation. They start calling anything just to snap the maniac off. Then brag about how much better they are than the maniac.

b

oddjob
01-12-2005, 07:56 PM
if you really want to see someone like that go on tilt against a maniac or bad player that's getting lucky. when the player gets sucked out on by the maniace and he starts bitching, just say "dude, you just got outplayed"

the reactions are so much fun. they start yelling about how the guy hit a 2 outter and that he should be broke.

then say, "if he's so bad, how come he's got all your money" it not only sets them off even more, it reassures the maniac or bad player to keep playing like that.