PDA

View Full Version : Going to a live trny, should I skip this?

Potowame
01-12-2005, 05:32 PM
I was told the structure from the guy I am going with.

Buy-in $25
rebuy (1)
Add-on (1)

Chips 200 + Add on 200 = 400

I dont know if you can add on right away, or if you can only add on after first hour. So if you have to wait to add on, and you are basically starting with 200 chips. Than if you bust you can rebuy, than add on after 60 mins.

Blinds 5/10 20min escalation.

seems pretty well like a crap shot to me, any reasonable raise is going to get you PC'ed, pretty quick.

There is usually 15-20 players, top 3 are paid.

JaBlue
01-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Yeah. Skip this one. You start with f-in' 20BB...

Sam T.
01-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Give it a pass. I played something like this, and before I could say "Tight Aggresive" I was all-in with Q8o.

toke
01-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Depends how long the levels are and how they escalate. There's still plenty of skill involved when avg stack is 20BB. But if the levels go up fast it's not going to be above 10BB very long I suppose.

Also the fact that probably over half of the players are going to rebuy and most players are going to addon compensates for the rising blinds.

JaBlue
01-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Even if the average stack remained at ~20BB for the whole tournament I wouldn't play in it.

Potowame
01-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Well I thought I would just give it a try, it was the biggest crap shot that I have ever seen.

Starting Chips T100 Blinds 5/10

*You could only rebuy once you bust
*Add-on was after first hour.
Yee Haa !

25 players top 4 get paid

I made it to the final table of 9, also Also they made it where the final table didn't combine til the top three of each table was made. So the last 20 mins we were 4 handed while everyone was waiting for us. The blinds kept coming it sucked.

Final table , I have 185 right with about three of the SS. Folded my way to the 40 BB.

BB 40

Utg limps about T250
Mp limps about T250
Button Limps T250

I look down at A /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I really think hard about pushing preflop , but I rap.

Flop 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I look around the table and noone looks to happy with the flop.

I push the last T145 in.

utg Bitches about it and folds

Mp- does his best Clint Eastwood for about 2 mins, and says I CALL, liked he was pissed that I didnt give him a free turn.

Button- Has a strange look on his face and says raise all-in.

Mp actually says Fuc, and folds /images/graemlins/confused.gif.

Both utg and MP say they fold KQ, lol

I tell Button I think you have me as I turn over my crappy A3.

He says no no, I don't as he turns over 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I guess You know what hit the river, Oh well.

There won't be a maby next time on this trny. I was kinda pissed about the suc out it would put me among the chip leaders with first paying out $575 and fourth paying $200.