PDA

View Full Version : Party 15 - AKs Turn Play

MarkD
01-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Here's the situation. I just sat down about 5 hands ago. I'm getting my tables setup and getting everything ready for me to play. I haven't exported notes yet and therefor I don't know anything about this guy.

Long story short - I have no reads at all.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.66 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.33 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero ...

What is my action here and what is my plan for the rest of the hand? Reasoning to go with your advice is also appreciated.

JasonP530
01-12-2005, 05:34 PM
He raised his own post, so I wouldnt give it a super amount of weight. If he had a real hand, most players(like 98%) would go for the turn or flop checkraise. It certainly look like he picked up hearts. In any event, if you just call, the BB will be able to profitably call behind you with a lot of hands(youll be laying him about 6-1), so you should raise to get him to fold, or call making a mistake. I would be very surprised to find that you got 3 bet by a hand that beat you. Perhaps a pair and a flush draw now?