PDA

View Full Version : Deep Fried

Victor
01-12-2005, 04:59 PM
So my roomate walks in yesterday with a new deep frier. Deep fried bacon is the best thing ever.

Sponger15SB
01-12-2005, 05:01 PM
My roomate had a mini deep fryer.

We used to make french fries and onion rings every day.

Yum.

Broken Glass Can
01-12-2005, 05:03 PM
Don't forget twinkies. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
01-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Donuts

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Don't forget my favorite in college: fried fried. It's the breading crumbs left in the frier when you're done - then you re-fry them. Mmmmm... fried fried.

Inthacup
01-12-2005, 05:24 PM
puke

bugstud
01-12-2005, 05:27 PM
you sir, are a man's man

offTopic
01-12-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So my roomate walks in yesterday with a new deep frier. Deep fried bacon is the best thing ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try doing a Milky Way...it's supposed to be pretty good. You put the candy in the freezer first, then batter it up and deep-fry it until the center is melted.

mmcd
01-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Try doing a Milky Way...it's supposed to be pretty good. You put the candy in the freezer first, then batter it up and deep-fry it until the center is melted.

This method works best with cubes of ranch dressing.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-12-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OHSHITYOUJUSTBLEWMYMIND!

ThaSaltCracka
01-12-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OHSHITYOUJUSTBLEWMYMIND!

[/ QUOTE ]come on Pat, its not rocket science here, we are talking about deep frying!

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-12-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OHSHITYOUJUSTBLEWMYMIND!

[/ QUOTE ]come on Pat, its not rocket science here, we are talking about deep frying!

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice.

nolanfan34
01-12-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OHSHITTHISMAKESMEWANTTOPUKE!

FatMan
01-12-2005, 07:08 PM
this is not fried, but take bacon, coat with brown sugar and bake in oven. You could try to fry it though.

drewjustdrew
01-12-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OHSHITTHISMAKESMEWANTTOPUKE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds kinda good actually. What if you grind mushrooms with horseradish sauce, freeze/bread/deepfry?

Horseradish is my dip of choice for fried mushrooms, so why not do it all at once?

vulturesrow
01-12-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being from the South, I can attest to the goodness of all things deep fried. Anyone remember the Simpsons episode where Moe gets the deep frier in the bar and becomes a hit in the town dining scene? Good stuff.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-12-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is not fried, but take bacon, coat with brown sugar and bake in oven.

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you, some kind of health nut?

Victor
01-12-2005, 07:33 PM
thats a good episode and iwe totatlly lived it the day we got the deepfrier. we deepfried everything in our fridge. turkey breast, roast beef, pickles, eggs, apples, potato chips, bread.....it was ridicuouls

ClassicBob
01-12-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being from the South, I can attest to the goodness of all things deep fried. Anyone remember the Simpsons episode where Moe gets the deep frier in the bar and becomes a hit in the town dining scene? Good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moe: It can flash-fry a buffalo in 30 seconds!

Homer: 30 seconds? But I want it now...

Lawrence Ng
01-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Deep fried cow testicles?

SomethingClever
01-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Homer: Look, Marge! I told you they could deep-fry my shirt!

Marge: I didn't say they couldn't; I said you shouldn't!

Sponger15SB
01-12-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thats a good episode and iwe totatlly lived it the day we got the deepfrier. we deepfried everything in our fridge. turkey breast, roast beef, pickles, eggs, apples, potato chips, bread.....it was ridicuouls

[/ QUOTE ]

So the day before you got the deep fryer you weighed 180 lbs and then the day after, what, like 215?

daveymck
01-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Deep fried mars bar is a well know scottish delicacy that can even be bought in fish and chip shops.

Haggis as well well worth deep frying.

YourFoxyGrandma
01-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Right before Christmas break in high school, my chemistry teacher devoted our 90 minute AP chem class to the deep frying of various candy bars and cheeses. This one kid had a McDonald's cheeseburger that he didn't want, so I battered it up and put it in. After that, I ate it. I liked the way it tasted.

mike l.
01-12-2005, 10:47 PM
"We used to make french fries and onion rings every day."

smart. keep it up and youll look like me.

mmcd
01-12-2005, 10:48 PM
This one kid had a McDonald's cheeseburger that he didn't want, so I battered it up and put it in.

I can't beleive none of the fast food chains have started doing this yet.

Sooga
01-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Aw mike, you're too hard on yourself... you're a real looker.

Bez
01-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Try deep fried kebabs. They do them in Glasgow but limit customers to 1 a week and come with a health warning.

mike l.
01-12-2005, 11:23 PM
"you're a real looker."

for an elephant maybe...

ethan
01-12-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This one kid had a McDonald's cheeseburger that he didn't want, so I battered it up and put it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at a bar/restaurant in Portsmouth, ME about a year ago which had at the bottom of their burger list (in small print) "We will deep-fry any burger for $2.00."

Mmmmm...fat.

otnemem
01-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Deep fried Oreos are apparently some kind of Jersey delicacy. But I'm from Jersey, and I'd never herd of it.